Paperhammer Drop Pod

zedarkangel

Hi, ive recently made these drop pods from templates i found on the web, and i just wanted to show how good something this cheap can be. Although they are tricky to make, its still good if your in need of a cheap drop pod to add to your army.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/zedarkangel/21112010436.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/zedarkangel/IMG_3813.jpg

Im planning on painting it, but im afraid that the paint will warp the paper. Anyone have any ideas to avoid this?

I am very interested, what sort of paper you use on these things and how do you glue it together?

Its just thick paper/thin card for most of it, and all you do is cut out the templates, and use either PVA glue or super glue. Super glue is much faster, easier for some bits, harder for others, but better i think

I see. I have a templates I want to try out and I am afraid that the thin card might be too fragile. How it works out, is it hard enough. Also, I forgot, good job on the Pod, it looks really awesome. I was doing one about two weeks ago (GW one) so I can see how cool it is made pretty much.

I see. I have a templates I want to try out and I am afraid that the thin card might be too fragile. How it works out, is it hard enough. Also, I forgot, good job on the Pod, it looks really awesome. I was doing one about two weeks ago (GW one) so I can see how cool it is made pretty much.

Thanks :ph34r: . For your templates, the thin card you have should be strong enough as long as you are using good glue, and that your not making a titan (which there are heaps of templates for)

I am going to make a titan:D Now what?:lol: Just a warhound though.

Lol, "just" a warhound? Thats a bit of an understatement :ph34r: Good luck though, what templates are you using?

So, is that cardboard (corn flakes box cardborad) going to make it? And I am not sure what kind it is, some spain guy:D

I am going to make a titan:D Now what?:D Just a warhound though.

Lol, "just" a warhound? Thats a bit of an understatement :) Good luck though, what templates are you using?

So, is that cardboard (corn flakes box cardborad) going to make it? And I am not sure what kind it is, some spain guy:D

Yeah, cereal box card board should be strong enough, but if your making a titan, you will need alot of it. Good luck

Pretty sweet droppod dude.

If you're worried about it warping, why not stick two bits of the cardboard together (random offcuts) and paint that?

See what happens.

:P, thanks. And yeah, good idea, ill try that

Very nice work! :D

Im planning on painting it, but im afraid that the paint will warp the paper. Anyone have any ideas to avoid this?

I'd try to give it a coat of gloss varnish first (from an artist store, the stuff they use to seal chalk/charcoal drawings). Once that is dry, just use your regular paints/techniques to paint it up so it matches the rest of your army. I haven't tried this on any paper models though (I usually just slap some paint on there, and make sure I reinforced the paper to prevent warping), so you might want to try it on some spare paper first.

Very nice work! :D

I'd try to give it a coat of gloss varnish first (from an artist store, the stuff they use to seal chalk/charcoal drawings). Once that is dry, just use your regular paints/techniques to paint it up so it matches the rest of your army. I haven't tried this on any paper models though (I usually just slap some paint on there, and make sure I reinforced the paper to prevent warping), so you might want to try it on some spare paper first.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of stuff like hairspray. I used to use that for pastel drawings, so seal it, and it did not affect the paper at all. THanks ;)

Archived