Predator Decimator

Well, after much planning since metcalfedan first created his Decimator in all of its autocannon goodness, I have decided to make my personal Predator Decimator. I bought a Forgeworld MkIV Predator at Games day and finally acquired the other parts I owuld require to make this tank for my Sons of Doom.

Here's the statline I wrote. Please leave comments there on its playability if you wish. ;)

So onto the meat. Using the pplasma cannons from the Devstator box set and the Lascannon sponsions, I managed to create the first plasma cannon sponson of my tank:

gallery_26154_4148_1927955.jpg

And here how the turret looks with the autocannons ready to be glued/pinned on:

gallery_26154_4148_2329655.jpg

The tank chassis itself has already been built and the second sponson is near completion. Expect updates soon. :lol:

Cambrius

Looks promising as far as it goes. However, the PC looks a bit off-kilter and the attachment point looks a bit rough.

Yes that was noticed after I took this photo and has since been rectified. Turns out the sponson itself was also bending and deforming...

Cambirus

• 3 weeks later...

Well the main part has now been done. The turret is complete and the plasma cannons added to the sponsons! Soon I'll be basecoating it when the weather lets up.

gallery_26154_4148_3138060.jpg

The autocannons may look a little skewiff but that has been rectified now. ;)

gallery_26154_4148_3138068.jpg

Comments appreciated.

Cambrius

I like it! it makes sense to have at least one tank which can make a massive boom except a demolisher cannon!

gotta agree with the other guys though, either shorten the PC or centralise the pin :P

besides that awesome build!

Wisey B)

I would suggest, to make the cannon seem less heavy, that you could cut off the rear section, just past the coils, and attach that to the back of the LC's sponson casing, and trim the Lascannon tube out and cut the section of the cannon beneath the coils so the coils sit into the casing.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to help with this suggestion.

You would have been better having the plasma cannons armoured up like the Heavy Bolters are and attached directly to the sponson, with the power source on the inner side. It would look more compact and fit the profile of the Predator better.

Example:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/plasmasponson.png

You would have been better having the plasma cannons armoured up like the Heavy Bolters are and attached directly to the sponson, with the power source on the inner side. It would look more compact and fit the profile of the Predator better.

My thoughts exactly TT

Some very helpful ideas indeed guys, thanks for them. ^_^ However due to the way I built the sponsons, it's unlikely I can change the plasma cannons too drastically now. The length though does suit the length of the autocannon barrels so I'll reserve judgement until I can get back to working on the tank when my workload for university is complete.

Cambrius

Archived