Retinues and transports

orbion

Hey folks just looking to clear something up to see if i can infact proceed with the list I am currently brewing up for review.

The first question I have is regarding retinues and what can be counted as one. For example if I were to select Vulkan He'stan for my HQ would I then be able to place him with tactical marines in a rhino?

This is of course counting in the fact that I would require a number less than 10 for the tactical marines to accomodate the space in the rhino including one other model.

The second question I have is in regards to transport while still relating to the first question. From my grasp of the transportation rules a rhino can carry any unit that is classified as " infantry " unless specifically noted somewhere on the model that it can't. Example things in termie armor.

The third question I have is if I used the tactical marines as a retinue for Vulkan are they still considered a troop choice or do they fall under some other classification?

Anyways any help would be much appreciated to clear this up so i can move on with my list planning.

You could place him in the Rhino with the tactical squad, but they wouldnt be a retinue.

Your correct- a rhino can carry any infantry from C:SM except terminators.

Thirdly- as stated you cannot take them as a retinue. There are, sadly, no retinues in C:SM at all! Even the Command Squad *wich Vulkan cannot take* is not a retinue, just another unit that happens to be an HQ choice- and requires a captain to take.

Retinues will specificly state that they are a retinue, or 'bodygaurd' and the character will be unable to leave them during the game unless they are all dead. Theres not many of these units left in the game.

Not sure what you mean by count as a unit, they are technically 3 units, (HQ, Troop, Transport) However, yes you can deploy them all together like that. and when the squad is outside the transport, Vulkan will be a part of that unit unles he leaves it by movng 2" away. Because of this he will not be able to be shot at directly, only at the squad. CC however, is a different story.

Appologies for the misunderstanding but that's what i meant can I deployploy them together in the rhino and when they disembark will they move together assuming squad coherency. So with that being said thank you for answering my questions.

Appologies for the misunderstanding but that's what i meant can I deployploy them together in the rhino and when they disembark will they move together assuming squad coherency. So with that being said thank you for answering my questions.

yes, though you may chose to disembark them seperately if you realy feal like it. IC's can join units, (so long as the unit is not always a single model and not a squadren) and joining the unit counts for all purpuses as part of that unit except they can be singled out in CC by units in BtB, and they cannot count being within 2" to be engaged in CC, and they will count as their own killpoint, seperate from the unit they joined.

You will wnat to read pgs 48 and 49 of the BrB

Archived