Vehicle Squadrons granting cover

Dan VK

If a model fire through the gaps between some elements of area terrain (such as between two trees in a wood) or through the gaps between models in an intervening unit, the target is in cover, even it is completely visible to the firer.

BRB pg22

Using Space Marines and Eldar as examples, my understanding of how this rule interacts with the rules for Vehicle Squadrons is as follows: A War Walker squadron is placed barely within the 4” coherency required and a Guardian squad is behind them. A Tactical squad is firing at the Guardian squad, but because the Space Marine unit must draw line of sight between the models in the unit of Eldar vehicles the unit of Eldar infantry receives a cover save, even though the Tactical squad can clearly see every one of the Guardians.

Is this correct, or did I miss something?

That is what I thought, but I figured I would double check. I am glad I did not miss a section that stated something like, "If a player attempts to claim cover when it clearly is not there that player shall immediately be smote in the chops." :P

Archived