[ARTWORK]preview next personal painting

Colrouphobic

LATEST UPDATE: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t&p=2575171

Had a little time to begin something powerarmouresque.

This is two hours of sketching and Im getting somewhere so I¨ll paint it complete during the following week(s)

Depending on how much time I get to do personal stuff...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/327/2/c/privvy_by_1mpact-d33ghk8.jpg

NIGHT LORDS!!!!

correction; Night LORD :yes:

A man after my heart. Are you able to give us any info on the piece? I love the wing/tusk idea. There is something very dark and regal about him.

Uhm, not really, I stqrted rqndomly sketching qnd after two hours of erasing and sketching anew this came out... Though I have been thinking of painting Night Haunter this really isnt more then a sketch turned interesting...

Looking good. Can't wait to see more on this thing. :angry:

Cheers!

If you came back after seeing the previous image, you now should see it has evolved...updated it a little.

If you dont see any difference, clear out your cache and reload page :yes:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/328/1/e/privvy_by_1mpact-d33ghk8.jpg

a little update, not much time to paint on this but hopefully you see some progress...

Havent really defined some parts, just quick-sketched the gun for instance...

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/333/2/d/privvy4_by_1mpact-d33utvi.jpg

Real lightning. :)

*facial ticks*

Other than that, great job Col.

Appearance

The Night Lords armour is not only commonly adorned in images of their Legion, and symbols of death such as trophy racks/pikes, spiked armour, and numerous skulls of all sizes but the Nightlords alone have a peculiar form of imagery that occurs on each and every legionnaire's armour. The Night Lords' night blue armour is alive with a mysterious network of lightning bolts that constantly play across their armour.

I do research on every image I make, I interpret what I find and make of it what I can.

Thing is (and what bugs me), Lexicanum is often wrong, and in this case, it fails to mention that prior to Codex CSM V4, the lightning was painted on.

The real lightning is a new (and silly imho) thing.

I see no real problem with the way you've done it - it does look great.

To clarify, my issue is with the retcon, not your artwork.

Thing is (and what bugs me), Lexicanum is often wrong, and in this case, it fails to mention that prior to Codex CSM V4, the lightning was painted on.

The real lightning is a new (and silly imho) thing.

I see no real problem with the way you've done it - it does look great.

To clarify, my issue is with the retcon, not your artwork.

I understand, When reading up on it I found the refference in other places also but lexicanum is the fastest link I can come up with. For me it makes perfect sense though, Night Lords pray on people using fear, lightning playing on the armour would work with most creatures as electricity is a deadly force for just about any carbon-based creature, so I saw no issue with it. that said, I know my interpretations dont jive with everyones view, as has been discussed before.

Just hope people like what they see on average, not much else I can do :)

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Nihm: I don't mean to annoy anyone or pick sides but I'm pretty sure its say they have real lightning in the new codex, and that it was painted on before the heresy

Sweet stuff, Colrou, though I'm on Nihm's side of the retcon table.

It kind of looks like his weapons are translucent rather than obscured. Along with the helmet wings.

Real lightning.

Did you say REAL LIGHTENING?

Give SHOCKOLATE to your Night Lords and they'll be good at TERROR!

Sweet stuff, Colrou, though I'm on Nihm's side of the retcon table.

It kind of looks like his weapons are translucent rather than obscured. Along with the helmet wings.

yeah, the axe is getting a bit more work but is basically caught in the light though, the gun isnt done, only roughed it in so far, I need to reposition it somewhat.

The bat-wings are more or less done, they're not transluscent but the flaps in between the "fingers" do let through some light...

Cheers!

Archived