Lord of the Armoury VS. Chapter Tactics

brother fidach

Hi all, and for my first post on this illustrious fountain of knowledge I have a question:

If I were to take Pedro Kantor and Master of the Forge, would the MOTF's 'Lord of the Armoury' Rule be negated by Kantors 'Chapter Tactics'?

For Example: In a list I want to take two sternguard units (treat as troops with Kantors tactics) and two Dreadnoughts (1 Elite and 1 Heavy Support using the MOTF Armoury rule) would this be allowed?

I can't, for the life of me, see any specifc reason why not - the MOTF has combat tactics as well as this rule, but I'm not 100% sure.

All contributions much appreciated

For Example: In a list I want to take two sternguard units (treat as troops with Kantors tactics) and two Dreadnoughts (1 Elite and 1 Heavy Support using the MOTF Armoury rule) would this be allowed?

No, it would not, because Kantor does not let you chose Sternguard Veteran squads as Troops choices. He merely makes the Sternguard squads of your army "scoring". They are still an Elite choice.

However, both Kantor's and the MOTF's special rule are in effect if you take both. You could use Sternguard units as Elite, which would score, then a Dreadnought as Elite and another one as a Heavy Support choice. You still need two Troops Choices, so either some Tactical squads or Scouts. But both Kantor's and the MOTF's rule would apply.

Edit: Also, Kantor allowing your Sternguard squads to score is not his "Chapter Tactics" rule. His Chapter Tactics replace all oyur units' 'Combat Tactics' with 'Stubborn'.

No, it would not, because Kantor does not let you chose Sternguard Veteran squads as Troops choices. He merely makes the Sternguard squads of your army "scoring". They are still an Elite choice.

Ah my fault for not being clear - they would be elites in the list, and the troops section (as you quite rightly pointed out - psychic?) will be filled with scouts - good to know I was on the right track though. Thanks for the advice :)

Archived