Dawn of War Deployment Questions.

Cent404

Hello Hello,

As I understand it, Dawn of War Deployment allows a player to place up to 1 HQ choice and up to 2 Troop choices on the board to begin the game. (yes transports count as a choice, I've read the FAQ)

However, I can't seem to find the rules pertaining to what to do with troops who don't walk or drive on from your board-edge once your first turn begins.

If I have three drop-pods, can they all be deployed right on my first turn because they use deep strike? Or just two pods because of "drop-pod assault?"

If I have a squad of terminators and my scouts have a teleport homer, can I happily place the terminators on turn one within 6" of my scouts? Or do I have to reserve my terminators?

What about models equiped with jump packs or the ability to deep strike? .. can they just drop anywhere onto the table first turn in dawn of war? or must I enter only from my board-edge with these models?

Also, If you can answer these questions, could you kindly point me to the pages in the BGB? Or even a Codex for special rules which take precedence, as I have ~80% of the books for 40k armies.

Thank You, Happy Thanksgiving!

"All units that were not deployed, and were not declared to be in reserve during deployment, must enter the game in the movement phase of their first player turn by moving in from their own table edge, just like units moving in from reserve."

BRB, p. 93

So basically, when deploying your 1 HQ and your 2 Troops units, you declare which of your units you would hold in reserve and deep strike or flank, just like you would in any other game. All the units that would normally be placed during a game's deployment phase are then moving on the board during your first turn. All the units you declared to be held in reserves are arriving according to the normal reserve rules. So you would roll for your deep striking Terminators starting with turn two. Half of your Drop Pods would deep strike in turn 1, while the others have to roll for reserve.

Edit: changed one "choices" into the correct "units".

"All units that were not deployed, and were not declared to be in reserve during deployment, must enter the game in the movement phase of their first player turn by moving in from their own table edge, just like units moving in from reserve."

BRB, p. 93

So basically, when deploying your 1 HQ and your 2 Troops choices, you declare which of your units you would hold in reserve and deep strike or flank, just like you would in any other game. All the units that would normalle be placed during a game's deployment phase are then moving on the board during your first turn. All the units you declared to be held in reserves are arriving according to the normal reserve rules. So you would roll for your deep striking Terminators starting with turn two. Half of your Drop Pods would deep strike in turn 1, while the others have to roll for reserve.

<_<

Archived