Post-heresy Luna Wolves

wise_crak

Hey hey guys!

bit of a small update!

worked on my pre heresy tanks a bit more heres the rhino chasis with added "pre-heresy-ness" added the old style cupola bolters and the step below the side exit, i have put one of my 2 old-school rhinos next to it for comparison anything you think i should add to the MK2 to make it look more like its older brother??:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/PC030003.jpg

also here is my HQ choice! its sicarius! i love his rules and model! his armour looks older which i imagine Qruze would wear and its also a badass model!

the ultra markings are slowly coming off (not rushing this as i dont wana mess up the model!) did a head swap to keep the preheresy feel

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/PC050004.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of this update! i love the feedback makes me want to work faster and harder! as to previous posts im playing with the lava to make it look "hotter" its a process :)

also just tried a new painting style on an AOBR dread. instead of spraying white and going from there I:

painted fortress grey straight onto the model

slapped some white on as tidy as i could to cover the grey

heavy dry brush of white onto gives it a smooth streak free look

Will get a pic of that up later maybe :)

Wisey :P

Hey guys update time!!!

well i am board of painting marines so felt like painting something bigger! so decided to bust out tariks dred tried a new way of painting white on him i feel its a success! what do you guys think? hes not 100% finished but im egar for feedback!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/PC080007.jpg

here he is just stepping out of the stargate!

Wisey B)

I just recently finished my Mk. I Rhino in my thread, and I'd say the 'updated' version you have looks good, pretty spot on. Chapter house mini's right? As for the dread, he looks good, but don't forget, the Emperor kills a kitten every time someone forgets to drill out gun barrels. Please don't forget... B)

I think your white could use a little more definition.

I have white nids/space marines, and after im done with the grey - white bits i mix Hawk Turquoise/Bkack Ink/Lots of water together and apply it as a wash.

It really helps to shade the white without overpowering it, or making it look dirty. You just have to make sure to dilute the mix alot, alot alot alot.

I just recently finished my Mk. I Rhino in my thread, and I'd say the 'updated' version you have looks good, pretty spot on. Chapter house mini's right? As for the dread, he looks good, but don't forget, the Emperor kills a kitten every time someone forgets to drill out gun barrels. Please don't forget... B)

thanks man!

yep chapterhouse! their modling isnt spot on but their bits are so awesome it really doesnt matter :P

well there will be alot of dead kittens soon :P i lack the tools to drill barrels....for now! i want to get a table top army together before i start with bits like that! i think i had the original concept of this army in december last year so its been a long time! (finished off last army first)

thanks again

just a quick question!

its minus 1 out side would my spray can not work all that well in these temps?

i tried doing black in the cold once and it came out "foggy" leaving white stuff on the model :s

would white go all weird as well as its much colder

thanks

Very, very carefully use a thin brush and some watered down paint thinner (75% water, 25% thinner) across the foggy areas, and they will go away.

think im going to play it safe and not spray white in this weather wait till its either warms up a little or spray inside white all the doors and windows open :)

im going to do some work on some emps. children which will be an expansion to the Luna Wolves to make them the loyalist legion :)

im trying metallics using a guide i found on here! the emps. childrens were bling bling so a bit of sparkle will add to that :D

Wisey B)

hey guys

umm just a quick update i decided while the temp. is so low out side and i dont want to risk spraying i decided to work on the other loyalists which escaped

heres an an Emperors children marine!

this is probably the best model i have ever painted! and i am LOVING the purple colour i might have to make a whole army of purple!

need to buy more tac squads to add to this tac squad but i just needed a break from white! :P

ALSO BIG TWIST! death guard were also the rename for the chapter! they use to be the "dusk guard" and had unpainted armour (silver?) and crimson right arm and hand and both shoulder pads!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/PC110013.jpg

C&C away :(

Wisey :tu:

ALSO BIG TWIST! death guard were also the rename for the chapter! They use to be the "dusk guard"

Umm, don't mean to steal your thunder or anything but it was actually "Dusk Raiders".

i appologise! you are right! dusk raiders! my bad :)

any idea what colour unpainted armour is??

Wisey B)

To my knowledge, the Grey Knights' armor is "unpainted" raw adamantium.

thats what i thought, but i started a thread in "amicus aedes" but it seems to have been deleted (maybe by mods? B) )

anyway in that thread 2 guys said that its been quoted dusk raiders unpainted armour was a dull grey rather than the shiney silver grey knights are

im thinking of going middle ground and using boltgun metal and washing it with black so its still pretty shiney but dull at same time :)

small update i only have 3 of the helmets left :( ran out of bodies that have no imperium eagles on it (time to start shaving!) ran out of knee-less legs although in the front cover of false gods the Wolves all have knee pads thought that was an after heresy change?

Wisey B)

just one thing wasn't qruze on the eisenstien with garro??? so they wouldn't be there

in my fluff (i think i posted it but knowing me i forgot! :P )

when the Eisentien reached earth and the seige of terra was over they were given a ship and supplies and told to go fight chaos so before going for a hunt for their chaos brothers swung by ivasstan 3 and searched for any survivers, survived by going into the stasis thing they do and sealing themselves in droppods :)

i found a notable character for the world eaters, varren. Although his story is he had is face ripped off and was beaten to a pulp by chaos world eaters :blink: sounds painful! could it be feasable to say that some world eaters found his beaten body still alive dragged it to the doppods to go in stasis and was then given extesive mechanical limbs? :) i plan to have the command squad full of notable characters from each legion

Wisey B)

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

not much work been done on these bad boys of late,

hq still in bits

luna wolves tac squads still need painting

started work on an emps. children tac squad by stripping some old ultras but fear that my modeling skills ante good enough to repair the years of damage :/

also started some dusk raiders from old ultras as well!

sorry i not been keeping up with this but been a bit disheartened, finding white to be a pain (wishing i went with white primer + black wash rather than pristeen white) couple other luna wolves poped up and felt meh theirs are better than mine! :P

so im thinking of benching them and maybe starting:

- a marine army i had planned to do while visiting the states for couple months in 2013 (they will be welsh like me so will be bring a welsh marine army to USA!)

-a marine army built around a dread. list which will then get with a techmarine list followed by the achilles raider list

- a IG army which will be soley based off USAF valks and vendettas grey storm troops etc

- a tyranid army which will be swarm based

so many ideas sooo little money i can paint most colours exept white and i even make black look bad! :lol: my test marines for other colours turned out fab! (purple,red, green etc)

i think the only way im gunna get outta my painting funk is to start a new army but which of the 4 would you pick?

How about that dread based army with a nice urban grey scheme with camo?

oooo i like this idea!!! i shall save that for the dread only army!!

i have had a brain storm (shall save big idea for a new WIP thread)! not got a name or a colour scheme but my idea i am liking! :HQ:

if anyone is interested in my luna wolves i will probable still keep working on them as im going along! just cant paint non stop white! ;)

Wisey :)

Hells yer, man! Keep going with them, for sure! Pre-heresy goodness + an almost all white army will look sweet as once it's on the table. Not many other power armoured armies out there are in all white, so yours would stand out a treat!

I kind of feel the same way painting all black on my black legion. Lots of black, then lots of highlighting with silver or gold, and only small bits of boltgun metal, red, white, etc.

Keep slogging away, it'll be worth it, trust me :lol:

Cheers,

John

Hey thanks for the motivation guys! :)

So i decided on what im going to do!

im going with a totally new idea sticking with marines, im going to begin another army (im thinking purple how does my emps children colouring look to you?)

And save any pre heresy bits to add to the luna wolves and loyalists! I will work on both armies :)

I will get shots of the luna wolves army as it stand right not tomorrow night and where im going with things!

Wisey B)

Archived