Vehicles & Barrage LOS

Seahawk

So I asked a blackshirt this question (mostly just to hear his response, and because I needed to busy myself while the lady shopped for me :D):

Q: If a manticore (new plastic model) gets immobilized, as its weapons are fixed can they only fire in the 45 degree arc? Because the FW manticore (my own) is turret mounted, it wasn't affected in one of my recent games, right?

His (surprising) response?

A: Well if you fire Barrage it doesn't need LOS, so you can fire it in any direction.

Then I asked "What about things like basilisks?" And he said "Yep, same thing."

This got me thinking; that doesn't make a lick of sense! Sure, anything other than vehicles can fire 360, but vehicles have the arcs of their weapons. I was starting to believe him, having read every relevant rule bit, right up until I got to the following:

Hull-mounted weapons can fire in a 45 degree arc from their mounting point.
This doesn't say anything about whether you need LOS or not, only that you are forced to fire in that certain arc.

Was I right, and the BS was wrong? Surely you must still fire in your arc, regardless of requiring LOS or not?

LOS and vehicle fireing archs are seperate things. the blackshirt was wrong.

;)

Everyone makes mistakes; especially blackshirts.

B) Fixed. I feel that they're as likely to make mistakes but more likely to mislead us as we're less likely to question their confident answers. Be wary!

In all seriousness, I agree that he was mistaken.

Archived