God-Machine Sif

Rindaris

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/327/4/c/god_machine_sif_1_0_by_rindaris-d33fx02.jpg

Ok, that is the phase 1 picture. I've actually done more work to it over the Thanksgiving week.

I've drilled a hole in the pipe joining the hip to the torso so it can be 'pinned' and held together. Right now with just a wooden dall (spelling?) rod, maybe later with a bolt/nut but I made the hole a bit low so the rod might be the final solution. I've also put in the brace for the skull cockpit and got that in place. And I've added a bit more to the shoulder plating on the left side (it isn't secured, its just there to show how it'll look). Please note these are mini-crates, not full-sized milk crates. You can use the CoD wall panels and the vhs at the bottom for an idea of scale. But a Land Raider does fit in each crate, so its not gonna be small.

I was going to use the megabolter from the Stormlord kit for the shoulder weapons, but I got one in and didn't realize how small it really is. Much to small for this purpose. So I'm rethinking the shoulder weapons right now. Kinda tempted to make my own megabolters, but undecided (I know they arn't the best weapons, but I like them and frankly don't want this to be so overpowering I never get to use it).

For the arch panels I intend to put 40k and Dark Tower related art in the openings. I'm leaving the back open so I can insert a light for the skull/cockpit and I hope to put in some speakers for a psychological weapon.

I expect this project to take me some time, so I'm not sure how often I'll update. I'm open to any ideas/suggestions.

Holy mother of Jesus that thing is massive! Is it supposed to be to scale? and it hasn't even got legs yet! Isn't that more an Emperor Titan than a Warlord Titan then?

The Emperor Titan is about 49" and the Warlord Titan is 23" to scale. So maybe yours isn't too far off ;)

I can't wait to see this bad boy finished.

You're not the first to make that statement. I imagine its going to be about 3-4 feet when I'm done. I'd prefer it to be a warlord, but maybe I really should consider it an Emperor class titan instead.

Actually the cost so far isn't to bad.

Each of the mini-crates was only $1, so $4 for the 'skeleton'. The joining pipes were about $3 total for both of them. The skull I got for the cockpit was from a halloween item on clearance for $2 (hope to get a phase 2 photo up tonight). I'm on my 2nd thing of screws, but those have only been $1 each. The dall rods were $1 for a bunch of them and I don't foresee needing to buy more of them.

Of course the main cost is going to be in the CoD wall and floor panels. Each panel is about $1 if you shop around and the floors are about $2. I've got a bunch of Necromunda terrain laying around that I intend to use as filler for part of the torso armor. But if I had to buy those it wouldn't be cheap since those arn't made anymore.

I intend to build the 'bones' of the legs with wood, so that shouldn't be to pricey. The pricey part will be that I intend to use the fully intact panels from the Shrine of the Aquilla for the leg armor, so will need to get 2 of those kits. $60 there.

Weapon cost I'm unsure of right now considering still planning those out. Looking at the Titan Datasheets in the Apoc book and for an Emperor class it doesn't appear that going with Warlord would be unreasonable. That being the case i already have most of the items I need to make one of the primary weapons and that cost is $2.50. Since the stormlord bolter idea didn't pan out I'm going to make my own, but already know how to do that fairly cheap.

I would honestly be surprised if the total cost would be more then $150. More likely $100-120. Cheaper then a Armorcast Warhound on Ebay (I know... I had to sell mine to cover bills awhile ago, hence the push to finally work on this).

Its mostly the time and dedication to getting this done. And then finding a place to store it....

I actually intend to put the short version of the Gunslinger's Oath on a tabard (which is a cost I didn't factor in, I know where I intend to go to get that made nicely and I hope for no more then $15).

And no the Horn of Gilead is far to much of a relic in its own right to be considered a mere weapon, even if a weapon for a God-Machine.

Great idea for the tabbard, though were'nt Roland's guns not considered as equal (if not superior to) the horn as the essence of a relic?

Still, love the concept of combining DT with 40K (have intentions of similar approach for background fluff for an inquisitor and retinue, persuing the "mythical 13 warpglobes") and look forward to seeing your progress

mean pursuing

Very much so. His guns were made from the blade of Eld. And if I understood the story enough that meant his guns were made from Excalibur (or at least King's version of it). Rounds fired from his guns had greater effect then equal rounds fired from other firearms.

I actually have two of the Rainbow as objective markers :)

New images as promised:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/334/2/3/god_machine_sif_1_2_by_rindaris-d33x4ku.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/334/4/e/god_machine_sif_1_1_by_rindaris-d33x4jf.jpg

Camera sucks and I didn't get around to taking the pictures til last night, so the lighting didn't help any.

Archived