WIP True / Art Scale Rhino

Grotsmasha

So as the title states, a TS Rhino based on a LR conversion (this is for a True Scale DA successor chapter I'm working on, Post is in the DA section), I thought I'd throw it up here as, imo, the conversion seemed fairly quick and easy compared to a complete scratch build with templates, might help/inspire someone else out there.

gallery_48988_5384_451435.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_102944.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_691810.jpg

Scale shot with my TS marines

gallery_48988_5384_90955.jpg

Scale shot vs. normal rhino

gallery_48988_5384_150169.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_312055.jpg

So, as you can see top hatch, and front plate TBC

Cheers, jono

True-scale Rhinos don't need to be that big. Indeed, they arguably aren't necessary at all. APCs look a lot bigger than they actually are. I did a comparison of an old Rogue Trader Razorback and a Bradley many moons ago (see here, and the short version is that the old Rhino is just about proportional with the new Space Marines. And the current version of the Rhino is bigger. They already are true-scale.

That said, it's a nice looking Rhino. :D Well done.

Wicked :tu:

I was asking around a while back on how to go about making a TS rhino, a shame the parts are from such an expensive kit :) .

Now really wow us, and make a True Scale Landraider ;)

*Hands over a BaneBlade.* There's my donation to the effort. Lets see what you can do.

Thankyou everyone for the kind words,

Firepower: ebay is your friend, there are several ebay shops that you can pick a LR chassis for $30 to $40 US., thats 1/2 price for me here in Australia.

Octavulg: I will answer with a pic

gallery_48988_5384_464932.jpg

It's just an imagery thing, but, the GW standard rhino "may" be able to squeeze in 12 GW Space Marines (Driver, Character, 10 Man Tactical) , but there's no way it will cut it for my TS marines.

Besides, while not necessary, but painful and expensive (like GW isn't expensive enough), like my mumma always said' "If you're gunna do something, do it right".

Peace out,

Jono

• 1 month later...

OHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! ITS BEEN A MONTH !!!!!

Sorry to all who have been following, I got sick then xmas, then sick again, but now I'm back and I've alot to share.

First off, I've recieved my Scribor Lion Helms and Shoulder Pads, I'm a little disappointed with the pads, they aren't as "plug and play" as I'd thought. The detail and casting is awesome, the insides don't really have any room to accommodate anything, like a PA or TDA arm...and are a little oversized for my liking. The Helms , on the other hand are perfect replacements for PA helmets.

Also recieved my Bitspudio Turrets for my Land Rhino. They are pretty good, about an 8/10 for casting quality, really happy with them, I'll be ordering more with my public holiday pay.

PICTURE TIME !!!!

The first two are just the progress on the Land Rhino

gallery_48988_5384_73554.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_97392.jpg

The next three are the Bitspudio turrets with my wip Predator sponson

gallery_48988_5384_65549.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_43857.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_80036.jpg

So, the Rhino side hatch and sponson are magnetized for easy configuration. I've decided I'm going to build six of these (slowy) all being able to be configured as Rhino/Razorback/Predator and the Mauler/Ridgeback (Rhino varient will sponsons and 10 marine capacity), which i was introduced to in a Marauders post over in Hall of Honor and two with removeable Vindicator front plates.

As the Land Rhino prototype draws to and end I find myself dreading the Baneraiders return......

Cheers and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all

Jono, out

Hail fellow Battle-Brother... the Emperors Light shines on our meeting ~smiles~ great conversion...no criticism from me...outstanding work so far! will be checking back from time to time to see your progress...~Purity Seal worthy~

have a great new years and i hope xmas went well...

catcha soon

kanan

peace

Kanan: Thankyou for the kind words, I actually have your thread "favourited", having only discovered it yesterday, I'm about 1/2 way through it and enjoying every page. Kudos on the committment, your thread has almost 2 yrs under it's belt, and is still going strong.

hey!!! Grotsmasha ~grins~ youre too kind and of course feel free to borrow or adapt anything you like the look of...and if you have the time...build a Tsunami or two...you wont regret it and i have fav'd your thread too...wishing you the best in 2011...onward and upward Battle-Brother! ~high fives you~ heres to new horizons to reach and stars to aim for...

peace

Archived