Cover saves

Frontline989

I did not find anything that states models in the same piece of area terrain do not receive cover saves from each other's shooting. The rules for area terrain on page 22 of the BRB suggest that both models would receive cover from each other's shooting.

its the 2" rule IIRC.. if there is 2" of area terrain between you and your opponent cover saves are given... this also works if your firing out of terrain into open space.. if your more than 2" inside the terrain the enemy gets a cover save..

dont quote me on this, ive never really stuck to this myself and dont have the rulebook nearby to check

The 2" is only relevant for your own models wanting to shoot out of cover. If your model is 1" inside the area terrain, it will recieve cover but can still fire out of that terrain pieve without the enemy geting a cover save. If your model is 3" inside the area terrain, enemy models it shoots will get a cover save because of the intervening terrain.

If the enemy model itself happens to be in some kind of terrain, then the 2" do not matter at all and it will receive a cover save either way. E.g. if your firing model is in an area terrain, and 1" away from it in the same piece of terrain is an enemy model, that enemy model would receive a cover save. Not because your own model is firing out of terrain, but because the enemy model itself is in a piece of terrain.

Legatus is correct, Crusade is incorrect.

You can ignore up to 2" of cover you are in when fireing out of cover. This has no effect when firing into cover. If you are standing in area terain, then you have cover. Period.

Roesor you should note that it is not always 4+ cover, that is simply the most common save provided, tall grass is genearly clasified as 5+ and rolled out wire is a 6+, moreover the players may declare any peice of cover to have any agreed upon save.

Archived