Death or Glory?

RastlinD

Quick question about Death or Glory, I was tank shocking a unit with a rhino off an objective, his troops were in a line stretching down a road away from the rhino. His melta gun trooper was about the third guy from the front in the unit. Would my rhino be death or gloried as soon as it hit his unit or from where the actual model was that was attempting the death or glory? So basically, I am asking does Death or Glory occur as from the place the tank hits the unit or from where the model attempting to death or glory stands. Thanks.

Steps:

- you declare tank shock, how many cm

- straight line, into the unit

- when it hits the first model, it chooses to do D or G... THAT model

- resolve either with death and leadirship roll or with glory and tank stopping/destroyed

Hope it helps!

tanhausen is right on all counts except one, its not the first model that chooses to d or g, but one of the models that the vehicle passes over.

page 69 under death or glory: one of its (the unit's) models in the vehicles path can stand and attempt death or glory.

Also note that you have to have passed the moral check for being tank shocked before being able to death or glory :)

As nurglez said, it's only models that are moved over by the tank that can choose the DoG attack, and only ONE of them may do so.

It is perfectly legal to declare yu're only moving to the middle of the second guy in, force those two models to move, and not allow the meltagunner to attempt a DoG attack because he was not moved over by the Rhino.

As nurglez said, it's only models that are moved over by the tank that can choose the DoG attack, and only ONE of them may do so.

It is perfectly legal to declare yu're only moving to the middle of the second guy in, force those two models to move, and not allow the meltagunner to attempt a DoG attack because he was not moved over by the Rhino.

Except it's not legal to declare a Tank Shock in the manner Shiny describes - as the rule specifies that you declare how many inches the vehicle will move. So you had beter be really good at guessing distances, because you aren't allowed to pre-measure.

With movement in the Movement Phase you are allowed to premeasure...would this not be the same (at work, no book)?

While the normal movement rules do allow for measuring a move, then changing your mind and moving in another direction or not at all the rules for Tank Shock replace the normal movement rules.

When moving a tank, the player can declare that the vehicle is going to attempt to make a tank shock attack instead of moving normally."

The Tank Shock rules fo not give permission to pre-measure before declaring the distance of the Tank Shock, so the general rule should still hold.

In general, players are not allowed to measure any distance except when the rules call for it (e.g. after declaring an assault or firing at an enemy, to work out a rules area of effect, when deploying their forces, etc)

In a strict, competative, RAW environment I would say 'No' you may not pre-measure. In a friendly environment, I would probably allow it unless my 'friend' were trying to force a Tank Shock Moral test while specifically avoiding the Death or Glory Melta counterattack.

Archived