Jump Infantry in Drop Pods

Dan VK

A friend pointed out that Jump Infantry are not explicitly forbidden in C:BA from being embarked in Drop Pods, merely that there are no units capable of being given a Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport if they have Jump Packs (and therefore are Jump Infantry). He argues that Independent Characters with Jump Packs may be attached to an Infantry unit with a Drop Pod and deployed in the vehicle. I pointed to page 66 of the BRB which states Only infantry models may embark in transports (it is worth specifying that this does not include jump infantry), unless a Codex book states otherwise. but he insists the lack of a specific denial qualifies as otherwise stated. I think he is :D and is arguing nonsense like an :(. Am I missing something in C:BA that allows Jump Infantry to embark in a transport other than a Stormraven, or should I tell him to :wacko: again?

A transport may carry a single infantry unit and/or any number of independent characters (as long as they count as infantry), up to a total of models equal to the vehicle's transport capacity.

Only infantry models may embark in transports (it is worth specifying that this does not include jump infantry), unless a Codex book states otherwise.

Models equipped with a Jump Pack are Jump Infantry, as described in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook.'

Nope, can't find anything in the Codex:Blood Angels which specifies that Jump Infatry can embark on transports. If your friend can, tell him to prove it by showing you in the book.

Of course, theres the BRB that says only Infantry and ICs *who are also infantry* can enter a transport..... so why would C:BA need to specify that? So yes, just have him reread that to you, and then prove otherwise with C:BA.

If he can, make him a cookie. Otherwise, the answer is no.

Oops, missed dswanicks post.

I occasionally have trouble finding all of the relevant passages in the BRB because rules are sometimes spread across multiple sections of the book, and I do not have a hard copy of C:BA to quote from, so :P for showing me that I did not miss anything and am indeed correct in my interpretation of the rules.

:tu:

Archived