Jetbikes moving Flat-Out

Eenami5

The rules for jetbikes state that they move freely above all models and terrain. They also state that jetbikes (and regular bikes) can use turbo-boosters. The rules for turbo-boosters state that a unit with the rule can move 24" as long as they end their move 18" or more from the opponent, and that they may not move through difficult terrain.

So what I'm seeing is, turbo-boosters are saying that I can't move through difficult terrain, but jetbikes says that I move OVER this terrain (therefore ignoring it). Can I turbo-boost over terrain, or no, and has this been addressed in anything official or semi-official such as FAQs or the InatFAQ or anything?

The rules for jetbikes state that they move freely above all models and terrain. They also state that jetbikes (and regular bikes) can use turbo-boosters. The rules for turbo-boosters state that a unit with the rule can move 24" as long as they end their move 18" or more from the opponent, and that they may not move through difficult terrain.

So what I'm seeing is, turbo-boosters are saying that I can't move through difficult terrain, but jetbikes says that I move OVER this terrain (therefore ignoring it). Can I turbo-boost over terrain, or no, and has this been addressed in anything official or semi-official such as FAQs or the InatFAQ or anything?

As a note, turbo-boosting doesn't require that you end 18" away from the opponent but 18" away from the units starting position to claim the 3+ save.

I would say yes you can as you are not moving through the terrain.

B)

As a note, turbo-boosting doesn't require that you end 18" away from the opponent but 18" away from the units starting position to claim the 3+ save.

:)

As a further note, only one model in the unit needs to move 18" for the whole unit to count as turbo-boosting, in much the same way as "if one model moves, the entire unit counts as having moved." So, if you want your 3+ save but don't want to move a lot, take one jetbike from the extreme right of your unit and move him all the way left (or back to front or vice versa), resulting in a "shift" of usally 6" or so for the whole unit.

Trefenwyd

As a further note, only one model in the unit needs to move 18" for the whole unit to count as turbo-boosting, in much the same way as "if one model moves, the entire unit counts as having moved."

That's an interpretation of the rules I wouldn't suggest anyone use without informing your opponent ahead of time. Yes, the unit counts as moving, but that does not states that the entire unit counts as moving at the speed of the one which moved the furthest.

A unit using turbo-boosters must end its move at least 18" away from its starting point to claim this cover save, as it relies on flat-out speed.
MEASURING DISTANCES - second paragraph

When measuring distances between two units, use the closest models as your reference points, as shown in the diagram below.

Which makes it clear to me that to measure the distance moved by the unit you're either measuring individual models moves (all models must have moved 18"+) which is the same as measuring the unit's center-point to center-point or measuring the distance between the front-most models starting position and the hind-most models ending position. The above suggestion would draw a claim of "foul" from me.

Archived