Characters for my Imp Fists - nicely done quickshade based

Saphos

I am not a fan of autoshading washes, but your Lysander and Captain are definitely high tabletop quality. You did an excellent job with the details (eye lenses, gems, purity seal papers, banner writing, Chapter iconography, et cetera).

:confused:

Wow!

I've looked at your tutorial before. Sadly, my army is gray and you had some opinion on that. I'll need to try it for myself but I've found aq mix of Chestnut wash mixed with varnish is not toooo bad a process, but it's not even and a little fickle.

Anyways, good show!

:D

I used a fine brush (works fine for me) and did it before the shading. A pen should work as well though.

Yeah, I changed to Black Templars way back from Ultramarines as they seemed to be easier to paint. Then I dropped 40k for like 6-7 years and then found out about Quickshade. I scavenged all BTs I could and had to reprime. ^^ So I can feel what you mean.

Well, I need to do a test mini in grey as this questions indeed comes up regularly. In the new year probably. Your mix sounds interesting, but I guess Quickshade might work better?

I'm actually doing the same thing. I'm using Simple Green to strip all the plastic models and Paint thinner on the Pewter ones. From there I'm priming them yellow (using the armypainter).

That mix is very good, but the quickshades is simpler. I also like how it seals the models, so they really survive a lot of wear and tear

saphos, i was wonering have you done any models with battle damaged armour with the quickshade? Wondering how it would work.

Great looking models though. How does the quickshade work with black that is highlighted? I'm doing an army of Marines Malevolent and am looking at ways to save time painting. Any advice would be appreciated.

I did a Leman Russ last year with battle damage. Worked kinda okay but I am not really satisfied. I try to make some pictures. In theory it should work.

As long as the highlights on the black are strong enough, they are well visible if a little dulled down. And on black you need highlights See the chaplains. The highlights are more visible then the pictures make believe.

Archived