100 Scouts.... the final 10

captain sox

Hey everyone!

I'm nearing the completion of my 100 (+) Scout army. I'm having a problem deciding what the final 10 models are going to be. Here's what I gots so far:

55 Close Combat Scouts (15 are built specifically as LSS Crews) Including Sergeants.

20 Bolter Scouts (Includes Sergeants and HW choices)

20 Sniper Scouts (includes Telion, Sergeant and HW Choices)

10 Various (extra Sergeants, Heavy Bolters, Missile Launchers etc)

I have 20 Bikes (15 still in the box)

3 Land Speeder Storms (1 unbuilt)

Now I'm looking to build either a unit of Snipers or another squad of Bolter Scouts, but I'm not sure which one. That's why I need your help! In your opinion, which would be better? Snipers vs. Bolters.

I'm leaning towards Snipers, but I could (and will likely) change my mind!

I could realistically run 30 snipers in a 1500 pt game, as well as 30 Bolters.

This is also my Apoc army...

Thanks for the input!

Probably sniper rifles. The only thing you really lose over a bolter is firing twice at 12" instead of firing once at 12" with the bolt pistol or sniper rifle. And if you are going to assault that turn, it doesn't matter anyway since you are going to be using the bolt pistol. In close combat they are the same as well. I don't think there is really a big difference either way though, and that is probably why they cost the same.

One more for voting snipers. The bolter units you have are going to be useful in skirmish and as cannon fodder (or to cover while your combat scouts get into CC), but if you're going to be sitting back and shooting with them you might as well draw up the more accurate firepower of a sniper squad. Put the customary heavy weapon in there and they can just sit there.

Archived