Ultramarines Captain

Great job! There's a lot of awesome work in that model. The AuxGL looks good, I definitely disagree with those who thinks it looks spindly. Also, the green stuff work is most impressive. Nice work on the abs, and the shoulderpads look nice too. In short, the model looks very good, and the conversion totally works. The painting aint to bad, either. :lol:

Thanks for all comments.

@Silber: The sword is from the warhammer chaos warriors boxed set, I filed away the chaos symbol and powered it up...

@SnorriSnorrison & Shortsonfire79: YES, it is meant to be that guy, :D I just added a few of my own touches ie plasma, power sword etc and I'm very pleased it reminded you of the picture.

@Brother-Captain Sharp: Thankyou, I haven't finished painting yet so I'm hoping that things can only get better!! :)

Chaplain Hiltraud

The basic colours are finally done! All that's left is highlighting, ink, and a few touch ups here and there. And then its base and glue.

I basically wanted to post these pics to show you all what the Aux grenade launcher is looking like. :to:

gallery_55263_5217_58091.jpg

Thinking about leaving the iron halo this original colour?

gallery_55263_5217_11530.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_66968.jpg

But, I've also noticed something pretty common throughout Ultramarine captains/distinguished characters that my captain doesn't have...a cape! So...

gallery_55263_5217_117744.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_15511.jpg

Yes? No?

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

No. Looks good without, and the cape you modeled up there doesn't cut it for me. It's not the modeling, the fabric looks good - it's more that it reminds me of a reversed apron. So no, leave it I say. Not everybody needs a cape....

Archived