Hellfire rounds

dreamer5987

Hey all,

I was searching the forums looking for info on Hellfire rounds, and I got a lot of info, but here is my question - What C:SM units can actually use hellfire rounds? I know its just bolters, but here is the confusion -

1. Its listed under special ammo in the Sternguard entry, which would make you think sternguard only, except;

2. its rules and profile are given in the Armory section, which usually means that any unit can use it, except;

3. units like Tac squads and bike squads dont have an associated points cost, while captain, chapter master, etc, do have a points cost. but;

4. in the entry in the armory it says you may replace any boltgun's profile with the following....

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

The Dreamer

forget the armoury.. if the profile entries dont have the option then you cant take it..

hellfire rounds can be taken by most ICs and sternguard.. scouts HBs have a hellfire shell but that works differently.

taac squads and the like dont get them im afraid

edit: forgive my rudeness, welcome to the B&C

Yep. Units do not get general options from some common source in teh beginning of the army list. All nits have the options listed in their own entry. Chapter Masters and Captains can get hellfire rounds, and that is reason enough to describe hellfire rounds in the generic armoury section instead of in the Veteran's unit description among their rules.

Archived