What do you want in the next "Codex: Chaos Space Marines" ?

maverike_prime

Khârn used a flamer on one night to burn not-so-friendly-friends and friendly-friends alike. It was cold. It was dark. And he was scared. Now he just gets by with his traditional axe and pistol.

How about a way to instantly teleport chaos units onto the battlefield like the marines in Fire Warrior? It was a cool idea and really annoying to combat. You're walking along and then, "BAM," a marine with a missile launcher appears in front of you and fires. :Troops: Maybe have a fast attack option that is basically a CSM squad with deep strike like the Grey Knights FA slot squad.

For God's sake make the warp something the CSM are actually good at using and controlling. Seriously, they live there and yet the loyalists are better at it in every way. I'm not sure why the pre-heresy librarians would have removed their hoods just because it wasn't hip.

Havocs and Tanks could, if appropriately marked, replace weapon choices with the following, for a cost.

Nurgle = Rot Cannon (either a flamer template, which auto hits, and wounds easier, or a small blast. Idea based off the FW Nurgle prince with the plague tank and hoses)

Slaanesh = Blast Masters, or modified versions of them

Tzeentch = Maybe solid rounds (AC, HB) "warp" into reality when they get to the target, making armour penetration easier? AC/HB AP3?

Khorne = I have nooo idea. On a vehicle, i'd say a bonus to tank shocking/ramming.

Thus, cult havocs and vehicles.

Mmm Nurgle dedicated tanks would make for an interesting game with Epidemius especially with that flame template. What's that? All attacks from followers of Nurgle ignore armour saves? Gonna make for a nasty flamer template. Sounds good.

I don't imagine Epidemius could be pulled away from his busy schedule of tallying, to go march around with some Chaos Marines?

I was thinking of the Rot Cannon, and remembered an old Mk1 Predator in White Dwarf, that one a competition. It was an amazing conversion, considering that people have so much more skill and experience now, and it had a face on the turret, and goo dripping from the autocannon barrel. I'd love to find that picture again, but I can't find it on Google.

The problem is, would a main gun that fires only a template, hamper a battle tank? Not sure if the Baal's flame weapons are templates, but that has speed on it's side (and a cover save), so would a nurgle marked predator need some benefits to get into range? Would you also exchange the sponsons with rot cannons too? I do love the nurgle-y forge world HB arms for the dreads and could easily see those on there.

Nurgle Marked Tanks are disease filled creations, piloted and manned by creatures melted to their seats with rot, with a small army of nurglings to help piece back together important pieces of flesh that has fallen off, that any Shaken or Stunned results are ignored, the marines are too far gone into the ways of nurgle to even notice!

Rot Cannon: The main ammunition bays is now a tank containing Father Nurgle's most virulent diseases, manned by nurglings who ensure the pipes and systems work correctly. The turret has been replaced with a modified riot cannon, spraying out rot, and the occasional nurgling that get's caught in the mechanisms.

Weeping Armour: The longer the tank is in service of Father Nurgle, the more it becomes organic, the armour meshing into a pulsating living skin that responds when damaged. In Close Combat, any penetrating hits causes the skin to rupture, spraying concentrated nurgle's rot over the attackers.

Havocs and Tanks could, if appropriately marked, replace weapon choices with the following, for a cost.

Nurgle = Rot Cannon (either a flamer template, which auto hits, and wounds easier, or a small blast. Idea based off the FW Nurgle prince with the plague tank and hoses)

Tzeentch = Maybe solid rounds (AC, HB) "warp" into reality when they get to the target, making armour penetration easier? AC/HB AP3?

Khorne = I have nooo idea. On a vehicle, i'd say a bonus to tank shocking/ramming.

Proximity-detonating frag-rounds for Khorne? One less strength, but ignores cover? Whatever Khorne gets has to be solid rounds.

Khârn used a flamer on one night to burn not-so-friendly-friends and friendly-friends alike. It was cold. It was dark. And he was scared. Now he just gets by with his traditional axe and pistol.

:P Yes but I am still somewhat saddened when all the beserker fluff is "KILL MAIM BURN!". In Game terms they have the first two pretty much covered but the lack of flamers and meltas seems to leave a gap in the 'burn' things bit.

Maybe the Beserker Motto should be changed in the new codex to "KILL MAIM BURN (warning may not actually include burning of any type)"

B) Yes but I am still somewhat saddened when all the beserker fluff is "KILL MAIM BURN!". In Game terms they have the first two pretty much covered but the lack of flamers and meltas seems to leave a gap in the 'burn' things bit.

Maybe the Beserker Motto should be changed in the new codex to "KILL MAIM BURN (warning may not actually include burning of any type)"

Or "KILL, MAIM, BURN!" (FAQ pending)

I always did like the notion of Tzeentch vehicles getting access to Inferno Reapers/ACs/Heavy Bolters. That would make a dakka Predator a MEQ-slaying beast.

Khorne could take a page from the Brass Scorpion and spit Cover-negating molten brass. It's another template weapon, though, which ganks from Nurgle. The alternative would be to give Khorne something like the Destroyer upgrade from the previous Codex so that even vehicles without a WS can fight back in CC, and leave the firepower as standard. You could do the same thing with Nurgle via some sort of rot effect, but I think I like the pus cannon idea better. It's too bad there's no real precedent in standard 40K to have a persistent battlefield effect come from a vehicle; I'm keen on the idea of the Nurgle cannon leaving a blob of dangerous terrain wherever it lands in addition to the damage it does, and have it linger there for an entire turn or something.

It's too bad there's no real precedent in standard 40K to have a persistent battlefield effect come from a vehicle; I'm keen on the idea of the Nurgle cannon leaving a blob of dangerous terrain wherever it lands in addition to the damage it does, and have it linger there for an entire turn or something.

I like this idea too. In other wargames smoke play an important role.

With 5ed rules a vehicle could easily shoot smoke shells : drop templates on the board that gives 4+ cover and stay 1D3 turns.

It is not a chaos specific idea, but for an assault force like chaos it would be nice.

On the easy fix side of things I would be happy with anything that makes us faster. Droppod/dreadclaw would be nice. That would also make our dread way better without changing its rules.

According to this rumor

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=221824

work on chaos codex started and it will be chaos undivided book while mono-god legions will get their own books.

I just hope, that Necrons pushed back, doesnt mean we are being pushed forward.... Because we all know where that will lead to...

Oh no, no, no, come on man.

Nurgle blight drone. Take it's weapons.

Tzeentch ground troops have AP3 weapons, their heavy hitters need AP2 if they really want to step up their game and give terminators and FNP units to sweat about.

Khorne missle launchers should shoot chainaxes and thier vehicles should have death rolla's or something that kills when impacting infantry, not something to scare them to moving asside, but a pink mist/chunky salsa creating death machine. Heck, call it a blood flail.

Blood flails work for me. Reminds me of the mine detectors but with those chains now attached to a spinning device... With spikes and hooks. Any unit caught in tank shock or attacking from the front takes xD6 wounds where 1's will still wound but it gums up the machine until a turn or two.

Khorne would need a weapon upgrade too though... Rapid firing plasma cannons? Las cannons that overload the power supply thus can on a 1 fire... But cant fire next turn.

Oor armour upgrades. Armour of gore... The gore of a thousand battles has formed an impenetrable shell that makes the vehicle tougher and imposes a Ld modifier to those attacking?

CSM really need something to terrify their enemies. Sang Guard have death masks, you expect me to believe shiney angels are more scary than ANYTHING the warp/dark gods can muster? Heck, the toe jam of the great unclean one is scarier than that. That's what your armor upgrade should be, something that reduces Ld, hurts moral, or forces pinning.

Weapon upgrade? Easy, rending chain axes. Death company got bored with them aparently and Emperor help me something in PA needs rending chain weapons be it loyalist or trator.

*kicks himself for being loyalist*

CSM (or at least Khorne/Tzeentch) need some sort of psychic protection.

In 3.5 Khorne followers could nullify P.Powers aimed at them on 2+ and were immune to force weapons.

Tzeentch followers could give enemy psychers -1Ld when casting powers, and had a daemonweapon that could force PotW on 4+ when psychers casted a power within 12" of the wearer.

Weapon upgrade? Easy, rending chain axes. Death company got bored with them aparently and Emperor help me something in PA needs rending chain weapons be it loyalist or trator.

We used to have things like that. The Khornate chainaxe was positively devastating last edition, even without Rending, making the best possible Armor Save against it 4+. Well worth the 1pt upgrade.

;) Yes but I am still somewhat saddened when all the beserker fluff is "KILL MAIM BURN!". In Game terms they have the first two pretty much covered but the lack of flamers and meltas seems to leave a gap in the 'burn' things bit.

Or "KILL, MAIM, BURN!" (FAQ pending)

I'm sorry, but with meltas and flamers, Khorne Berzerkers would be over powered. For twenty points, two flamers. For thirty, two meltas. Both are assault weapons, so the only thing the Berzerkers would lose is an attack.

I'm sorry, but with meltas and flamers, Khorne Berzerkers would be over powered. For twenty points, two flamers. For thirty, two meltas. Both are assault weapons, so the only thing the Berzerkers would lose is an attack.

Not if you limit them to one flamer/melta per 10 guys.

I think the idea of an upgrade is that the troops are improved by it... They should not necessarily have to lose/sacrifice something else to gain :D

I would prefer 1 special weapon per 8 (Khorne's holy number an' all).

I really visualise the bezerkers as shock troops, forcing open defences,

cracking open bunkers and butchering helpless defenders... aren't the World Eaters supposed to have been the first Legion to breach the walls of the Emperor's fortress? At the moment if plasma pistols cant scratch it, they have to wait for their Skull champ with a powerfist to show up and then literally knock!

Even if they were the pistol type like hand flamers or Inferno pistols, but I feel the most 'assaulty'

troops in the codex need some assault weapons.

Still, it would boost the already large amount of damage they deal to much more powerful levels, without losing their ability to assault.

Still, it would boost the already large amount of damage they deal to much more powerful levels, without losing their ability to assault.

How about Hand Flamers/Melta Pistols then? *waits for a "we're not BA" flame war to break out*

What about a combi weapon? Combi Melta-Pistol/Hand-Flamer, giving a one off punch. You could imagine the 'special weapon' marines breaching the defenses, before they join in on the blood lust, their special weapons now ignored as they close in for the kill.

This is just kind of a logic flaw I see with the rules in general. Why are my men not smart enough to either assault the contents of a tank after they crack it open, or smart enough to go assault another group when they finish killing one.

Archived