My Ultramarines 2nd Company Characters

darkchainsaw

a decent black wash would really make them stand out too..

ive found from personal experience that basecoating black and then spending the time being careful not to paint the recessess actually gives a much better effect. But not everyone chooses that method

I usually use Badab Black on all my models, and for some reason I bought white spray instead of black, So I have a small problem with the basecoating, so Sometimes I don't bother. Thanks for the advice anyway :lol: !

i concur with crazy eight: you need to thin your layers of paint. you can see it well on the banner of your terminator. (but then again, white is not the most easy colour to paint :D) thinner layers and a watered down washes should help great

a decent black wash would really make them stand out too..

ive found from personal experience that basecoating black and then spending the time being careful not to paint the recessess actually gives a much better effect. But not everyone chooses that method

I usually use Badab Black on all my models, and for some reason I bought white spray instead of black, So I have a small problem with the basecoating, so Sometimes I don't bother. Thanks for the advice anyway :) !

the technique that i used for my ultras was basecoating with ice blue (2 thin layers should do the trick) and then 2 thick layers of blue wash. goes way faster then seperately highlighting the blue and maintaining the black in your recesses at the same time :)

Archived