Blood angel succesor Chapter

Munkyninja1988

Hey there as the title states i'm making a new Blood angel succesor chapter upon mind blank when it comes to painting and names a friend suggested i start a thread and have people suggest some for me, so heres a little bit about the miniatures they are made from blood angels and red scorpion parts using the scorpion shoulder pads, so far i have made 2 squads and a chapter master, and here he is to get some ideas going:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3470/dscn0740s.jpg

By r3dm0h4wk at 2010-12-05

as for chapter names no i have none i have gone into this with the full intent of someone else helping me chapter names character names and colour schemes, use the space marines painter to show your ideas, my only request in the colour scheme is that i do not want black to be the primary colour as i've done that all too muc

After re-reading some fluff, Sanguinius killed a Baal fire scorpion three weeks after landing on the planet therefore wish to offer a different suggestion:

Chapter Name: Scorpions of Baal- colour scheme bronze mixed brown cause figure scorpions on baal would have this sort of colouring to hide in the terrain, with red/crimson trim, chapter symbol- wings/blood drops/scorpion? shaded with dark angel green or something similar again refering to concept of scorpion's poison?

Sanguine Sting name, earlier suggestion for vets/sang guard: squad marking scorpion stinger with right side wing (think it's old chapter banner wing gripping grail, poss Tycho?) colouring in ref to previous points red/crimson with DA green trim.

I know as i type this, it used DA green a bit but then this also thought conversion suggestion as to style of chapter look and wondered if you thought of using robed DA models plus BA sang guard/RS bits for vet squad etc

Scorpions of Baal sounds nice. Colour wise, perhaps this:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/Hubernator/AngelsofResolution.jpg

I actually called this scheme the Angels of Resolution. Anyway to paint it I would probably think Burnished gold final for the yellow and a more red version of Scab Red (red washes with the odd black perhaps).

As a long time (more than a decade now) Blood Angel player I am very interested in this thread. I like the name Fire Scorpions as said by ToyShip and the color scheme from Hubernator. You even have a wealth of shoulder pads to use from Forgeworld (Red Scorpions). Just green stuff some blood drops in the field above the scorpion in their chapter badge. I'd think outer ring burnished gold, black field, red blood drop and scorpion.

-Samirus

Red and Green are more christmas colours, than complimentary.

I deliberately avoided using highly saturated shades of red and green for that reason, but from what little I know of colour theory red and green are "complimentary", they are opposite eachother on the colour wheel (or in other terms, green is made from the other two primaries, so is "complimentary" to red) so will have good contrast and make eachother stand out when placed next to eachother, it's the same theory that explains why thraka green shades red well.

Archived