Plague Marine test mini

Brother Atheos

So, a long hiatus from the whole painting thing and i've got the bug for those wholesome fellas of the nurgley persuasion. Very early stages but just wanted to get some feedback on the grey and see if you guys feel i should take the highlights a step further and whatnot, or even scrap using grey!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/fezuk/WIPs/pm1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/fezuk/WIPs/pm2.jpg

Only the chest is anywhere near being finished along with the codpiece (pustules and rivets aside), but i'm sure you can imagine it carried over :)

C&C appreciated!

Thanks guys for the positive initial comments!

@GooseDaMoose - I'm torn between going for a yellowy cream and keeping it rather subdued or using something much more 'in your face' like scorpion green. As there aren't 100's of them all over them i think either could work as a nice accent, just need to decide what 'feel' i want. I'll probs leave it until i've done the metallics

I say yellow-y cream. I don't think anything too in-your-face would work with this scheme as it's quite muted and realistic. I swear man, I'm seriously tempted to do some grey Nurglers like yours. You should be flattered, if only you knew how much I hate Nurgle normally :D

Grey Nurgle! Looks good.

Very pallid/necrotic flesh looking, rather than the usual gorilla poo green you get going on with Nurgle.

Oh and i say red for the pustules! Just because i have an obsession with painting things white, black, grey and red.

your grey nurgloids are looking really sweet. the dark grey gives it quite a sombre menace to the whole mini. good skills. its almost a shame you have to add anymore colour to it as its like all the life force has been sucked from it.

Archived