Just a few Ultramarines...

I wanted to make some bad :lol: Ultramarines, and so here is my first squad and Dread assembled and ready for painting.

There is also a painted Chaplain(Hiltraud) in TDA...

I want to incoporate a functional aspet to my Ultramarines so I've made sure they all have appropriate gear (pouches, knifes etc) I also want them to look as though they are actually fighting in battle!!

I feel as though I've achieved this with these first minatures but I'm interested to read what you all think...

Without further adieu;

Tactical squad I:

gallery_55263_5217_21437.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_93471.jpg

(sorry for the blurry pic!)

gallery_55263_5217_28190.jpg

Dreadnought <insert name>

gallery_55263_5217_102105.jpg

Chaplain Hiltraud (some of you may remember him from the arena of death comp)

gallery_55263_5217_10643.jpg

And that's it for now, my LR is drying so I will be adding a few more pics sometime soon...

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

the sergeant in the first pic looks great, theres alot going on with the model and its how i always imagined they would look

i do remmebr the chaplian, he was my favourite painted mini from the Ultras forum during the AoD.. nicely done mate

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks GC08 and Capt Mick, I'm glad you like them so far..

I haven't done much painting lately, I'm trying to focus on finishing my LR and Capt soon.

I have however been (slowly) modelling some things though in my spare time...

First up is an objective marker I'm calling 'Last Stand'

gallery_55263_5217_119506.jpg

Next is some motifs for my LR

gallery_55263_5217_110765.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_93799.jpg

Heavy Flamer for Sternguard

gallery_55263_5217_49817.jpg

Vet Serg for Sternguard

gallery_55263_5217_161206.jpg

This was painted 7 years ago(Found it in my old bits box!)

gallery_55263_5217_76841.jpg

And that's it for now...

Yours in Honur and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

[Edit] If anyone wants to know, the HF arm is from the Land Speeder kit, so is the other hand. The HF is from a Dreadnought and the rest will be GS and PC..cheers

Thanks Kapturowski!

This is a Scout Sniper squad that I'm doing for the B+C painting challenge, got the idea for the bases from AlanofAngels - Alpha Legion Khârn "Count as" - over in the hall of honour.

The Serg still needs a bit of GS to finish off the leg conversion and there is going to be blood or some substance on the rock and on his hand as he is tracking some nids or something. The rest of the squad is meant to be on look out and 1 member is yelling(softly) 'contact'

gallery_55263_5217_18683.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_110966.jpg

[[EDIT] the model above is the yelling one BTW]

gallery_55263_5217_11487.jpg

Thinking of adding a quick GS helmet to the guy with the 80's visor.

Will be adding a few Tactical Squad pics (which is also for the B+C painting challenge) and another Dreadnought pic soon.

Chaplain Hiltraud

Thanks MagicMan!

Ok so here's the revised version of my dreadnought, I started to loathe the battle damage I put on him; my Ultramarines are after all fighting nids so I GS'd and covered up the damage with some push press emblems, I also changed the carapace front and made a new DCCW for him.

gallery_55263_5217_97351.jpg

I've still got to clean up that GS on the front....might even change that Ultramarines symbol all together, thoughts?

gallery_55263_5217_175411.jpg

This was originally my idea for a Blood Angels dreadnought but I think it's fitting for this guy 'I shall kill thine enemy with thine enemy'

gallery_55263_5217_76532.jpg

Think I may add some tubing to the fist sometime before painting...

Chaplain Hiltraud

I've got all my LPC minatures ready to be base coated and painted :lol: very excited as this will be the first ever squad that I will actually complete! (That's if I complete them of course! ha...ha...ha)

Here is my Scout serg who has had some GS and a small knife attached, I made the knife from GS and plasticard as the knife in the Tactical squad boxed set was far to big and unsheathed - I just wanted the Serg to have a 'utility' knife. I also made a GS attachment for the scope and a lil bit of GS to finish the leg, hand and head conversions..

You may also notice that none of my scouts have the 'mouthpiece' microphone, I filed that away (I hated it) and left a shorter version, my thoughts on that are: Have you seen 'hands free' mobile phone thingymagazmos? I'm sure in 40K they have something similar :ph34r:

gallery_55263_5217_36560.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_66069.jpg

[EDIT] BTW, I know you can't see the sheath or most of the knife, I basically made it look like a crude leather - stole the idea from the shotgun holsters on the AOBR Ork Warboss - easy and looks good, I also added a small skull from my bits box.

The Tactical squad, pretty much the same as above but a few lil additions, thought I'd post them all anyways:

The Vet Serg has a different helmet on the ground, this time it has a cut instead of a bullet hole seeing as my Ultras are fighting 'nids. And there's the HB guy with a bionic conversion made from the helm in the Assault squad kit and the bionic is from the side of one of the regular marine helms..

gallery_55263_5217_39947.jpg

Nothing to fancy here - Bionic guy, the Serg has a different pose as in 'I'm about to put my aux chainsword into yo face" and there's a marine firing from the hip (inspired by my friend playing the training on CODMW2) and of course he has his knife ready to do some stabbing..

gallery_55263_5217_35230.jpg

And below are regular marines....

gallery_55263_5217_88620.jpg

Here is my re-revised Dreadnought - I made a GS Ultramarine symbol alla korans method (if you are reading this, many thanks) and am slowly making the DDCCW look a bit more functional, I also gave him a different base.

gallery_55263_5217_132341.jpg

Many thanks for reading/looking, as usual feel free to leave any C + C.

Next update will be a while away and will hopefully be a PiP - Now, where did that Captain get to!!!

Chaplain Hiltraud

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks GC08 and Captain Mick

@Alexander Fogh Pedersen: Thanks and borrow anything you like!

Have been painting a test scout model, I really wanted to make sure my idea for the camo are on the right track and as per my usual, [that is always thinking about and trying new painting techniques] I found a different/better way to do blue armour!

Anyways, Still got to do highlights and other bits and pieces (that will get done with the rest of the squad) but I just wanted to post him here and get your thoughts...I'm pretty happy with the way it's looking though....

gallery_55263_5217_53243.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_14016.jpg

The camo is my first attempt at a digital type camo...which doesn't look great but I'll keep trying..

Chaplain Hiltraud

Was going to wait till I got the rest of the Scout squad up to par but I couldn't help myself!

And so, here it is, my first [ever!] finished scout [model!]

gallery_55263_5217_54784.jpg

gallery_55263_5217_46697.jpg

Like I said, I tried a few new techniques here so C & C is muchly appreciated...

Chaplain Hiltraud

Archived