Scout Heads

Bolt16

Hi all I'm in need of some advice and help. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but hoping it is.

So I am currently working on a Space Marine army that is more of a distraction than something large and imposing. As such I'm limiting it to a few Brother Marines and Scouts. I have developed some fluff for a DIY Chapter they will be part of but I need help in modelling them to match the fluff.

Basically the problem is that the Chapter does not take it's helmets off in front of what it considers outsiders - partly because they are not worthy to look upon the faces of the Emperor's elite and partly because of the changes wrought on the Brethren of the Chapter by the Gene-seed and the ritual tattooing they do to their faces. But how should I cover the scouts heads.....?

I have already got an army whose scouts heads are from the chaos marauder horsemen so don't want to use then again....Was thinking of maybe using green stuff to model on balaclavas? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

This is a question that comes up more often than you might think, and the consensus among most of us is to use either the forgeworld elysian drop troop heads with respirators (my personal favourite) or the variant infantry heads from PigIron. Just do a search on here and you should find plenty of inspiration.

Armour but in honest it they would be black like most wool balaclavas are so in essence wouldn't be a huge difference the key is whether or not I should go with the balaclava or pig iron helmets I'm just not sure......I like the idea of the scouts always wearing balaclavas in the field gives them a slightly menacing feel but like I said just not sure.....

Thanks for the feedback about smoothing out the mouth - I had originally gone with idea of a mouth hole and then decided again thought I'd filled it in but you're right defo needs some work!

Archived