Two IC's in a squad

travh20

If I have a chaplain in a squad with Calgar, does Calgar gain the ability to re roll the "to hit" attacks on the charge that the chaplain grants to a squad he joins? That would be pretty sweet as Calgar would get to reroll his hits and wounds on that charge.

There is nothing that says you can only attach one character to each unit. As such, their special rules would simply be cumulative — the only problem I can see is if two characters have contradictory rules, but I can't think of any of these offhand (though knowing GW, there will be some ^_^).

There is nothing that says you can only attach one character to each unit. As such, their special rules would simply be cumulative — the only problem I can see is if two characters have contradictory rules, but I can't think of any of these offhand (though knowing GW, there will be some B)).

As a matter of fact, multiple models with the IC rule can bandy themselves together to make mighty units (per the BRB!), so here are some silly units:

- Two Captains and three techmarines (vanilla dex)

- Two librarians and nine Sanguine Priests (BA dex)

- Four Wolf Lords (SW).

My question with 2 IC is how would wound allocation work if the 2 characters are identical?

they would be treated as a multi-wound unit whilst they were joined

Interesting; I never thought of that before, but it does stand to reason.

so If I had 2 naked SM captains attatched to a 5 man tactical squad and the squad took 7 wounds in shooting. Would I roll the saves for the captains together, and if both were failed would one captain take 2 wounds?

as they are identical youd put both wounds on one captain, you would also roll them together

Thats not correct at all. In CC each IC counts as a completely different unit unitll you get to the combat results step. Each would be a seperat target, take seperate wounds/saves and be unable to use "within 2" of a freindly that is BtB with an enemy" to count as engaged

ah yeah i forgot that, but shooting still stands

Thats not correct at all. In CC each IC counts as a completely different unit unitll you get to the combat results step. Each would be a seperat target, take seperate wounds/saves and be unable to use "within 2" of a freindly that is BtB with an enemy" to count as engaged

ah yeah i forgot that, but shooting still stands

I thought we were talking about shooting? In melee they are separate targets that can be singled out, as Frosty explains. Otherwise they're multiple wound members of the unit, as GC08 explained.

There is nothing that says you can only attach one character to each unit. As such, their special rules would simply be cumulative — the only problem I can see is if two characters have contradictory rules, but I can't think of any of these offhand (though knowing GW, there will be some B)).

As a matter of fact, multiple models with the IC rule can bandy themselves together to make mighty units (per the BRB!), so here are some silly units:

- Two Captains and three techmarines (vanilla dex)

- Two librarians and nine Sanguine Priests (BA dex)

- Four Wolf Lords (SW).

Here's another one. - Two BT Marshals with Twin LC's, three Techmarines with full harnesses, and the Emperor's Champion.

Archived