Of Wolves and Women

Taerij

Lupercal!

I'm working on consolidating my marine collection (bits, orphans and new purchases alike) into, ultimately, a primary marine force. I settled upon Luna Wolves because I've already built a few Sons of Horus veterans and because I love to explore characters that have fallen the furthest. The term 'Pre-Heresy' is thrown about so loosely these days, I like to be a bit more specific in my projects. The army is being based on the events leading up to and including the Ullanor campaign, prior to Horus being named Warmaster.

With this in mind, I'm embracing the legion traits as a whole. A large emphasis is being placed on the spearhead tactics used - to the extent that I may use the Blood Angels codex for Troop assault squads and Deep-strike Land Raiders. Blasphemy, I hear you cry.

The first company and/or Justaerin wore black armour. Some power armoured marines are quoted to have white trim, such as the Reavers in Horus Rising. I am to take a mix of first company with a core of tactical and assault marines in Luna Wolf grey. Additionally, at least one squad of Sisters of Silence.

Here's my test pieces for veteran assault marines:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kXlK4x3A2QU/TP13uVbYu2I/AAAAAAAABEA/NurKvtIyxNc/s720/reavers_02.gif

And a PIP of one:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kXlK4x3A2QU/TQFsVnBLEHI/AAAAAAAABEk/GnM0ROXftno/s640/reavers_03.gif

Also a PIP Sister:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_kXlK4x3A2QU/TPTFAkyLflI/AAAAAAAABDE/9aEWFvWrCMM/s640/sos_03.jpg

hey buddy!

nice work! im in the middle of working on Luna Wolves myself! although post heresy (they are the survivors of the einstein frigate)

i'll be watching this while i work on mine :)

Wisey :P

The Einstein Frigate? Do you mean Eisenstein? That's a Death Guard ship.

The Einstein Frigate? Do you mean Eisenstein? That's a Death Guard ship.

yeah! my bad typo! :huh:

next bit is kinda a spoiler if your working your way through the Horus Heresy books:

yep its a death guard ship alright! but when some of the troops that Horus couldnt trust found out that they were going to get killed

a bunch of marines from 5 legions all jumped on that ship and jumped into the warp to get to terra to warn them of Horus' attack :P

about 70 marines escaped varying numbers from each legion :)

that is what im basing my Luna Wolves off the ones who escaped teamed up with the other loyal marines and now going around kicking some chaos ass! :P

Wisey :P

So, the Isstvan survivors, aka Iacton Qruze? The survivors were mostly Death Guard.

yeah :P it was something like Iacton Qruze and 10 Luna Wolves

a bunch of death guard, some thousand sons, some emps. children, and some world eaters :P

i have designed a 2500 point army off the survivors :P

Wisey :huh:

Archived