Stunned Walkers and Assaults

Gentlemanloser

As per the topic, this question came up tonight.

From checking in the BRB it seems that stunned Walkers can charge (and initiate a CC) in the assault phase (as Stunned only mentions movement and shooting, and the walker section mentions Walkers are treated as infantry for Assaults), even if it feels like they shouldn't be able to.

But I'd like a second opinion! :thanks:

No.

If the walker is stunned it can't move, to assault you need to be able to move into base contact.

It's that simple really.

All stunned mentions is that the vehicle cannot move in it's next movment phase, and can't shoot in it's next shooting phase.

The 'Assault' move doesn't happen in the Movement phase, so Stunned shouldn't effect it.

No.

If the walker is stunned it can't move, to assault you need to be able to move into base contact.

It's that simple really.

All stunned mentions is that the vehicle cannot move in it's next movment phase, and can't shoot in it's next shooting phase.

The 'Assault' move doesn't happen in the Movement phase, so Stunned shouldn't effect it.

Sadly, thats not what stunned says at all.

"The vehicle may not move or shoot until the end of its next play turn."

It mentions not one thing about phases, the dread really just cant move at all.

Ah, old edition memory creeping in there.

I suppose then it all boils down to whether the Assault Move is classed as movement (which it should be), which makes sense.

As said, I didn't think Walkers should be allowed to do that, but over the table couldn't find an exact rule to question it. ^_^

I suppose then it all boils down to whether the Assault Move is classed as movement (which it should be), which makes sense.

As said, I didn't think Walkers should be allowed to do that, but over the table couldn't find an exact rule to question it. ;)

That realy shouldnt be a question.

As said, I didn't think Walkers should be allowed to do that, but over the table couldn't find an exact rule to question it. :D

That realy shouldnt be a question.

I concur.

As said, I didn't think Walkers should be allowed to do that, but over the table couldn't find an exact rule to question it. :)

Out of interest, was it you or your opponent trying this one on?

RoV

It was one of my dreads (that didn't have EA! :)), but we weren't pullign anything.

Originally the Dread didn't Assault (it was set up to and got a lucky stun), but the group raised the question on whether it should be able to. It was only a quick check over the rules, to not slow the game down, and we didn't want to dice off.

The group allowed the Dread to assault, so I did. But it wasn't a comfortable decision. :huh:

Personally I reckon that missing movement and shooting would allow it enough time to collect it's thoughts enough to bash the crap out of that thing 6 inches away.

I have never come across the issue, my EA costs 5 points :) And I'm usually doing the charging anyway.

Archived