Seraphim model

Jfry

I know I am not the best painter, but I was wondering what other people thought about a Seraphim that I painted. It has not been based yet. Neither are the eyes painted, and I know I am not good at blending yet. Thanks for any advice. I have another one painted also, just have not got any pictures to post of that one yet.gallery_57815_5433_452816.jpg

gallery_57815_5433_184434.jpg

Its a solid model. A squad would look nice. Have you used wash's before. Try a black wash on metal (sword, chain ect) then re-highlight. Practice make's perfect! My skills severr]ly decreased as i have 2 young son's and no time! I try to paint a model a week now to keep on top of it.

The highlights on the cloth are a little thick. You could use a smaller brush. For years i never waterd down my paint but try watering dow to a milky consistency.

Hope this helps.

I have to agree with master of fact, thinner higlights on the cloth would do wonders...

Maybe even some subtle blending

Either way I'd use a darker shade fo grey.

Criticism over

Encouragment section commence:

for someone who is 'not the best painter' you've managed to tackle two of the hardest colours; white and red, quite well. You're red is lovley and gritty and dirty, which looks good.

Its always nice to see someone tackle difficult colours and its nice to see another Sisters fan.

Keep up the good work

Archived