Making a legion of the damned commander

mavorik

Hi all,

I have decided to go down the scarcely trodden path of a legion of the damned army. I have some of the new models and couple of squads of the old ones. I now want to start a commander. My question to you is which model to base him on? Only 1 main rule, i dont want him in terminator armour. I have been looking through the chaplain models on the gw site and non have that commander feel to me. I am perhaps thinking emperors champion atm with flames etc but think he is perhaps a bit goodie goodie looking. I love the sargent in the new LotD box, very sinister and relentless looking, but not sure I want him as a commander. Any ideas?

Let me know

mavorik

I know what you mean, I'm not a big fan of many of the Chaplain models. BUT, I quite like the one with a powerfist and crozium, and he looks pretty leader-y too, in my opinion:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1050248

Or kitbash, which is my personal favourite for making commanders.

Edit: Oooh if you have the old Centurius model or can get him somehow, he'd be good!

A shame that you've ruled out terminator armour, as the termie chaplain is a gorgeous model and with a little conversion work might be perfect.

1. The alternate LotD Sergeant is a nice model.

2. You could use a dreadnought as a commander, if you had appropriate rules. Space wolf codex maybe.

3. I really like the direct order techmarine.. with some conversion work it could make an excellent commander.

Other than that, i dont have any great ideas.

How about the Gabriel Seth model? His armour is pretty nice and you could replace his bare head with something more skull based (it's not too hard to drill out). Then either leave him with the giant Blood Reaver sword or switch it for a hammer/axe of your choosing.

Hi back pack isn't the best but swap it for something like Azrael's with a couple more skulls and you start getting a pretty mean looking dude.

The odd flame here or there and you're good to go.

Archived