Exploding vehicle crater

trefenwyd

This thread has reminded me I really ought to make some rhino-sized craters.

You can get clay from art shops that does not need to be fired, it just dries; I have built a load of terrain pieces from it, stuck in trees, fences etc, even built a wall from bricks cut from sprue frames.

£5 for a half kilo, enough for loads, jam in a load of vehicle bitz, a few arms and legs, and 24 hours later, you never need a crater argument again. Make it 1/2" tall, LoS will give you the cover save if you're close. And modelling kudos.

The weirdest thing i've heard was a guy saying, i have no crater so i dont need to roll for difficult terrain, he di however take cover saves from it the weirdo.

I had the opposite happen once. Guy didnt put down a crater for his tank. made me roll DT to move through the crater and then when shooting me claimed I didnt get a Cover save because he hadnt bought a crater and put it on the board. :D after a good hour of such things I had had enough and told his quite firmly that he could go stuff himself, that this was a gentleman's game and that if he was going to have that lousy attitude I would rip the back cover off my rule book (it has fallen off int he past and I just taped it on) rip it into a chimera shaped blob and put it down as a fething crater.... made me feel good.

I tend to do stuff like that 'Look pal! We can :cuss around or we can just get on with what we BOTH know is the right option instead of you trying to twist every rule to suit your own needs! Ok?'

But to be honest with most of the regulars there is a good roll-off policy for unclear stuff.

And for emperor's sake just use the smallest crater availiable >_>

Me and mine usually ignore the rule completely and just remove the model, or use a blast marker, or turn the veichle upside down after making its clear it's actually gone.

Archived