Tanks

Brother Gathurn

I can't think of a scenario where someone would chose to destroy the storm bolter first, but it could happen I suppose.

I can think of one, when the vindicator is immoblised and no units are in the demolishers fire arc

That aside, it all depends on your list.

Remember that because the demolisher is a barrage weapon, it can fire at unseen targets, so if need be you can fire over the top of a tank on front :) and deny cover saves if you stay still and the unit is not in area terrain, along with causing a pinning check at -1

Some opponents will not realize you can do this, and you can have a trick up your sleeve :)

I can't think of a scenario where someone would chose to destroy the storm bolter first, but it could happen I suppose.

I can think of one, when the vindicator is immoblised and no units are in the demolishers fire arc

That aside, it all depends on your list.

Remember that because the demolisher is a barrage weapon, it can fire at unseen targets, so if need be you can fire over the top of a tank on front :) and deny cover saves if you stay still and the unit is not in area terrain, along with causing a pinning check at -1

Some opponents will not realize you can do this, and you can have a trick up your sleeve :)

Good call on the imobilized... but on the 'barrage' I have to disagree.

Feel free to point out if I'm wrong, but from what I can find page 80 of the C:SM book in the rules section it says 'ordnance 1' and nothing else. meanwhile, on page 144 on the recap page it says 'ordnance 1, barrage' so there is a rules conflict within the book itself. The rules normally take precedence over the recap sheet, but just to be sure I looked it up in the FAQ at GW and it says on the very first page:

Errata: "Page 80 and 144. The profile of the demolisher cannon will be changed to Type Ordnance 1,Large Blast."

So I don't think it has 'barrage' special rule.

-Myst

Archived