A few questions...

LardO'Blood

I'm Pretty new to this edition so bear with me, but I'm pretty sure that Herioic Intervention requires you to declare that the models will attempt it before the scatter dice are rolled, but after your successful reserve roll for the deep strike. The deep strike rules further state that "in the Movement phase, when they arrive, these units may not move any further, other than to disembark from a transport vehicle." So I would say No, as any further movement would violate the deep strike rules.

Your first post doesn't make any sense. I am asking, can I use a librarian to gate somewhere, and then use heroic intervention to assault after gating somewhere. I think I may have just made vanguard useful. 30" assault range that doesn't worry about difficult and dangerous terrain!

Librarian, GoI, avenger: 100

Vanguard squad, relic blade sergeant, 2 power swords: 170

Sorry if I was unclear. Consolidating into a transport was a completely different thing. I was thinking of going around with BT furious charge LC terminators in a LRC: MM transports and assault the contents, then getting back in the LRC to repeat next turn.

It would not work.

SM Codex Heroic Intervention pg. 62 "....If a jump pack equipped Vangard Veteran squad arrives from deep strike...."

"This ability cannot be used if an IC has joined the Vangard Veteran squad."

You have to have the jump jets, it also implies that you are coming on from reserves.

The Librarian has to be part of the unit to use Gate of Infinity on them and then the Vangard can't use Heroic Intervention.

So if I understand this right, you want to 1) Deepstrike your vanguard veterans onto the table from reserve, and then 2) move them with a psychic power from a librarian? This still violates the deep strike rules, and to do the reverse is a rules violation as well. In the BA codex it says: 'If a jump pack equipped vanguard veteran squad arrives from reserve by DEEP STRIKE the player can elect for the Squad to perform a heroic intervention-declaring this before the deep strike scatter dice are rolled. As for the other thing, your unit can only embark into a transport during the movement phase.

Blood Angels have nothing to do with it.

Gate is a 'nilla Marine power, os this is about nilla Vanguards.

SeattleDV8 answer it entirely. You need to have an IC attached to use GoI, therefore you can't use Heroic Intervention.

If this wasn't the case, then there might be cause to allow Vanguard Vets to declare a HI if you use GoI on them *after* they have deployed and are already on the board (epsecially when combined with a Locator Beacon/T Homer).

"This ability cannot be used if an IC has joined the Vangard Veteran squad."

The Librarian has to be part of the unit to use Gate of Infinity on them and then the Vangard can't use Heroic Intervention.

This pretty much bags it right here. I concur with the sentiment of using LRs to deliver expensive assault units.

Archived