Multiple assault w/vehicles

trefenwyd

Situation came up in a game over the weekend:

Multiple assault declared vs. a vehicle and a squad nearby. At the end of combat, the vehicle was alive and mobile and the enemy squad survived enough to remain locked in combat. The question becomes, what happens with the models in base contact with the vehicle?

1. They must stay in contact with the vehicle

2. They may consolidate/pile-in into the combat with the sqaud, leaving no one in base to base with the vehicle

3. They must consolidate/pile-in into the combat with the sqaud, leaving no one in base to base with the vehicle

Sorry, don't have my rulebook in front of me to quote from but basically, you never pile-in/consolidate into or from combat with a vehicle, and vehicles and models in contact with vehicles are never "locked in combat". If the vehicle doesn't move, models still in base to base with the vehicle will hit it in the ensuing cc phase.

Pile-in/Consolidation moves regarding infantry, however, are required.

So, if I'm not locked in combat with another unit, I must follow infantry pile-in/consolidation rules and move my models that were in contact with the vehicle to instead be in contact with the infantry squad, ergo #3 above; seems pretty straighforward to me, but there was discussion over the weekend.

Comments?

Frosty is correct as is shown from the BRB FAQ.

"Q: In a multiple combat involving opposing vehicles

(except walkers) and non-vehicle units how would a pile in

move work? (p63)

A: Pile in moves must be used to try and make it into base

contact with the non-vehicle units."

Archived