Multiple Combats

Glitch85

Hi, last night I was playing a game against a mate and we both had a unit locked in combat when he assaulted into the combat with another unit. After reading the rules we were still really unsure about who could attack who.

The rules state something like models locked in base contact with 1 unit before assault can only attack that unit, so the question was raised when he assaulted me with the other unit does my unit not attack back at the new assaulting unit??

Regards

Stu.

I'm going to assume (always a bad idea :) ) that you are describing a situation where Unit A was locked in combat with Unit B from a previous turn, and in the current turn Unit C charged Unit B. If so then in the current round of combat your opponent moved his Unit C, any models from your Unit B not in base contact with models from Unit A then react by moving into base with models from Unit C. Now you resolve the combat by Units A, B, and C.

Remember the order of the Assault Phase is

1. Move all assaulting units

2. Defender reacts

3. Resolve all the combats.

To confirm:

Remember- the assault doesnt start until you declare wich combat your fighting and start working out initiatives. The movement part is not actually part of the assault, despite being done in the assault phase.

I'm going to assume (always a bad idea :) ) that you are describing a situation where Unit A was locked in combat with Unit B from a previous turn, and in the current turn Unit C charged Unit B. If so then in the current round of combat your opponent moved his Unit C, any models from your Unit B not in base contact with models from Unit A then react by moving into base with models from Unit C. Now you resolve the combat by Units A, B, and C.

Remember the order of the Assault Phase is

1. Move all assaulting units

2. Defender reacts

3. Resolve all the combats.

Yeah that was our situation, I had a Assault Squad locked in combat with some Ork Boyz from the previous turn, then he assaulted into that combat with another unit of boyz.

So my squad would be splitting their attacks between the 2 ork units, thanks that has cleared that confusion up!

Archived