Sanguinius Templarius

Brother Callius

I've decided to found my own chapter because i just like the variety of colors that fit the Space Marines.

My new chapter is called Sanguinius Templarius and is based on a mix of Black Templars and Blood Ravens. I used the iconography and special upgrade kits of the Black Templars because they look amazing and kind of medieval. The colors are an inspiration from the Blood Ravens because the dark red and white goes great together.

Here is my new Captain, although he is still in the development phase...

gallery_58716_5534_978226.jpg

Here are some pictures of my Combat Squad, if some of you got some banner painting tips i would like to hear them 'cause i suck at painting banners :)

gallery_58716_5534_3433092.jpg

gallery_58716_5534_2916471.jpg

Here is my Assault Terminators (With some Forge World kit). I've decided to paint my Terminators black instead of red beacause it make them stand out more and i like the idea of a special 1st. company like the Deathwing.

gallery_58716_5534_2145893.jpg

gallery_58716_5534_1818144.jpg

gallery_58716_5534_537011.jpg

Please comment what you think of them. Hopefully in a couple of years i have enough models to take on my old Tyranid army of 3000 points... (Sorry for any bad spelling, english is not my first languish)

I can see them, which means either it was fixed since you last saw them or I'm just that awesome. Your white looks a little chalky, as you continue to expand your army you might consider watering it down a bit and putting it on in more layers for a smoother look. Also, you've done a great job of blocking out exactly where you want your colors, and some washes will really bring these to life. BTW, great job on the captain's cloak, any idea what kind of wargear he'll be equipped with?

Edit: I was really hoping it was just me being awesome, but apparently not ;] anyways, good choices for the loadout and I can't wait to see more!

To Captain Juan Juarez

'm all for equal opportuinites, but the dude in the first pic has no arms.. Or head..

As i wrote over the picture he was under construction, if you scroll down the page you should see the new pictures :to:

And to General Ravensong: Thanks for the tip with the white. I always thought G.W. skull white was a little thick but it never occured to me to water it down... I will definitely do that in the future.

If you mix black ink with hawk turquoise, and lots of water, you can use that to shade your white and it looks pretty nice.

Gotta have lots and lots of water though.

Then after, you can go reapply white to the raised areas.

Heres a dude i painted using that technique, can really take away the flatness of the white colour.

http://i53.tinypic.com/331poup.jpg

I like this scheme. I have thought up of a similar idea myself. I wanted to mix the Black Templar and Blood Angels. Call them the Blood Knights. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go all black with red highlights like BT or if i wanted to go mostly red w/ black. Maybe I'll make up a few experimental models to test out this paint scheme on. I might even go Black, metallic silver/grey (like mail armor) and red. I love the deep red color. Any personal opinions on which models you favor? BTW these pics helped me out a lot! Thanks!

-VardenV2

I think the last option you mention would be the best as it's no so common, also it sounds like a nice combo. As for the models i don't have any more than these at the moment although i am in the proces of paiting my command squad. my favourite models is by far the dread's as they are big lumbering killing machines B)

I would very much like to see your work once you paint a few models with you're chosen paint scheme...

Very nice colour scheme, I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

Just relating to the Chapter's name - Sanguinius Templarius feels a little strange. Any thoughts on "Sanguine Templar"? Gives it a bit more punch, I feel.

Post more photos!

Archived