Chapter Masters

j-smuv

I don't play marines, but I have a friend who just started playing and I want to help him out.

He wants to play with 2 generic chapter masters in his list. Despite the fluff wierdness, I don't see anything in the codex stopping him from doing so. However, in Army Builder it comes up as an error to have 2 Chapter masters in one army list. Are we overlooking a rule somewhere, or is it Army Builder that's wrong? If it is an oversight on our part, could one of you guys direct me to the page of the entry?

Thanks in advance. . .

I don't play marines, but I have a friend who just started playing and I want to help him out.

He wants to play with 2 generic chapter masters in his list. Despite the fluff wierdness, I don't see anything in the codex stopping him from doing so. However, in Army Builder it comes up as an error to have 2 Chapter masters in one army list. Are we overlooking a rule somewhere, or is it Army Builder that's wrong? If it is an oversight on our part, could one of you guys direct me to the page of the entry?

Thanks in advance. . .

Having had my mind blasted for this same thing.

There are actually no restrictions unless the Codex entry has 0-1 or such like.

Which I always though as odd, except for one of the Consuls Chapters - I think - has two Chapter Masters.

each chapter has several masters, if you look in the C:SM using ultras as a template youll see the company captains carry a secodary title.

master of recruits

master of the arsenal

master of the marches

and so on

Which I always though as odd, except for one of the Consuls Chapters - I think - has two Chapter Masters.

each chapter has several masters, if you look in the C:SM using ultras as a template youll see the company captains carry a secodary title.

master of recruits

master of the arsenal

master of the marches

and so on

Ah, but when I think "Chapter Master" that isn't what I think.. Yes they are Masters of the Chapter, but they are not Chapter Master; to me there is a distinction.

I understand but if we follow that route, by logic an ultramarines army could never include a chapter master that isnt Calgar..

fluff and tabletop use are two seperate things.. in this case a chapter master refers to a master of the chapter.

Yes, they really could.

Why? Because Rules=/= Fluff.

Besides a chapter master is just a captain with an orbital bombardment... honor gaurd vs command squad. *shrugs*

also the game takes place over a span of 10,000 years. Im sure theres at least a small period in there that Calgar wasnt leading the ultramarines.

Alternatively to explain 2 Chapter Masters, you could perhaps say one is aging/dieing/etc and the other is his successor being groomed to follow in his commanders foot steps or some such. That seems plausible.

Alternatively to explain 2 Chapter Masters, you could perhaps say one is aging/dieing/etc and the other is his successor being groomed to follow in his commanders foot steps or some such. That seems plausible.

"Grandad, shoot that Tyranid", "What Tyranid, I can't find my spectacles. Ooh, my arthritis, I can't manage all these fiddly bits on my gun. Can someone change my bag?"

Archived