True-Scale Lamenters

FoeHero

Hey everyone, I've decided to take a break from my pre-heresy Deathguard to work on a new project. This is my first time on the B&C and I'm looking for some feedback.

Also looking for tips on taking pictures of minis! My auto focus is quite a hassle.

Finished Reclusiarch (with one of my old marines for size comparison).

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8052/lrfinal.jpg

I really like your gold. On the other hand I don't like the fellow's head, on the one hand because of the bit itself, on the other hand because it doesn't fit the overall warrior image.

Natanael is right, the terminator parts are quite obvious. Maybe it would help to remove that shoulder pad guarding his neck, because it looks quite similar to TDA with that...

He still is some sort of inspiration, however; the Angelus boltgun might be a cool addition to a Chapter Master in TDA. Some extra bits and bobs here and there...

And maybe he should have wider shoulders. He looks somewhat... beanpolish.

And... why do you call him "John Blanche"? Personally, I always disliked his style, both his miniatures (cf Codex Daemonhunters) and his artworks (Vampire Counts army book).

I really like your gold. On the other hand I don't like the fellow's head, on the one hand because of the bit itself, on the other hand because it doesn't fit the overall warrior image.

Natanael is right, the terminator parts are quite obvious. Maybe it would help to remove that shoulder pad guarding his neck, because it looks quite similar to TDA with that...

And... why do you call him "John Blanche"? Personally, I always disliked his style, both his miniatures (cf Codex Daemonhunters) and his artworks (Vampire Counts army book).

You have 3 hands. Fix that or you will be exterminated for your mutation. Your advice is also just telling him to scrap the model.

And the John Blanche comment was for once not used as an insult. The commenter didn't mean to tell Lamenter "you are a god awful painter, all of your visions for 40k have been disregarded by the actual model makers, and you should stop painting people in in contorted angles.". The person making the Blanche comment was just referring to how the original poster only used Brownish Yellow, Black, and Red which seem to be the only colors Blanche owns.

You may be unaware of it but Blanche is one of the daddys of the 40k universe and yes his style is scratchy and weird but his mind has been a major contributor to 40k, and has done a ton of art and design for various minis as well as be the art director or something for GW.

Back OT So far I think your mini is looking pretty good but he does look like a terminator with a backpack, and I am someone who does similar conversions were you can pretty easily tell that its a terminator, bu I think using the shoulder pad just looks too similar to the head dome in TDA armour. Although your color palette and over all 'vibe' is good

You have 3 hands. Fix that or you will be exterminated for your mutation. Your advice is also just telling him to scrap the model.

And the John Blanche comment was for once not used as an insult. The commenter didn't mean to tell Lamenter "you are a god awful painter, all of your visions for 40k have been disregarded by the actual model makers, and you should stop painting people in in contorted angles.". The person making the Blanche comment was just referring to how the original poster only used Brownish Yellow, Black, and Red which seem to be the only colors Blanche owns.

Crap. Being a mutant German sucks; it really kills my English. ^^

But I am not telling him to scrap that thing, not at all. Especially since I think there's a lot of inspiration in it, not just the Angelus boltgun, but also the way it is holding its axe... I've always wanted to have a terminator with a two-handed weapon.

As I said, I am familiar with Blanche's style. That's why I couldn't really understand the comment. Sure, his colour range is almost the same, but FoeHero seems to know how to use them.

@ Hashshashin:

Nope, I know what Blanche did for GW. And while some of his illustrations are quite nice, they are hardly more than sketches to me, and shouldn't be printed in almost every book GW has produced. But that's my personal opinion, and nobody needs to share it.

Archived