Summoners + Truescale Death Watch Marines

Doghouse

• 3 weeks later...

I Love the simple approach to painting these guys you chose, and your conversion work is astonishing as well...

wish i had thought of doing a head swap with the missile launcher helm for a character.

take a look at my thread, tell me what you think, maybe you can give me a couple of pointers.

• 1 month later...

Summoners? What?

Oh, it's just another chapter... but it's Doghouse painting, so I'll watch this anyway ;) Nice freehands, by the way, I find myself slightly mystified as to why you would use AOBR marines when their pose is relatively static but you do have conversions to lessen that, so... :ermmm:

Cheers guys. :woot:

Taking a bit of a break from these guys at the mo to get my pre-heresy IH's up to scratch but fully intend to come back to these soon. ;)

Brother Melice: If I haven't done so already I will asap mate. ;)

Dark Apostle Thirst: It's all about making do with what I have got. ;)

The AoBR marines are really nice models but it's fun to try and see what you can do with them with a little work or a few extra pieces. :)

Dark Apostle Thirst: It's all about making do with what I have got. ;)

The AoBR marines are really nice models but it's fun to try and see what you can do with them with a little work or a few extra pieces. :)

That's what I figured, but I figured I'd ask anyways, simply because they offer you the least flexibility in their range of poses. Then again, I don't think they're as bad as the Battle for Macragge marines, but I've never constructed AOBR marines, so I can't comment beyond wondering why you would use them if they are that static. :woot:

Either way, it's a nice thread that I'll enjoy watching.

• 3 months later...

Right time for an update. ^_^

Following on from last year the Ammobunker forums will be once again holding their participation Kill Team event at Games Day UK again this year. The event follows on from last year were numerous forces battled it out in the shadow of a huge half buried Necron ship, this year the forces will be venturing inside the ruined vessel and battling it out inside.

The level of detail going into it is seriously impressive, last year I couldn't get a team together in time but this time around the Summoners will be making their way into the dark confines to deal out their own form of Imperial justice to the xenos.

The list is as follows.

Sergeant with storm bolter and power sword with FNP

Heavy Bolter marine with Relentless

Space Wolves Death Watch marine with preferred enemies: Necrons

Marine with flamer

Six marines with bolters.

Here's the WIPs

http://i53.tinypic.com/w8n60k.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ue5vs1.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/juuvdj.jpg

For those interested the original thread with all the nasty xenos scum that aren't appropriate for this forum can be seen here :

The Spiders Web

There are some seriously talented guys working hard on this so it should be really good.

Thanks mate, yeah I'm adding stabilisers to the feet sort of along the lines of the old second ed armour. As he's basically move and fire I want to make it look like he has a reason why he's such a stable firing platform. The rest will have slightly thinner but still built up soles to the boots.

Yeah me too. :)

I've been doing a bit of thought as to the background material for these guys and have decided to make them a second founding successor of the Ultramarines. During the Age of Apostasy the High Lord Vandire seized control of the Ecclesiarchy plunging the Imperium into chaos during a period in the 36th millenium where vicious warp storms divided the empire.

For the most part the Space Marines and the Adeptus Mechanicus remained out of the conflict but the Summoners, given their nature of blindly supporting the Imperial Cult, chose to side with the forces of Vandire.

Although their part was small in the acts that took part during those dark times when Vandire was finally toppled from his seat of power the Summoners were forced to answer for their crimes during this time. Although more than capable of defending their home world for decades, when confronted by the joint forces of the Ultramarines and several Imperial Guard regiments the Summoners laid down their arms so that no more Imperial blood would be spilt.

At the trial of Menneco they were made to answer for their crimes against the citizens of the Imperium and had it not been for the intervention of Sebastion Thor then the chapter would have surely been excommunicated. Instead they forfeited their home world and were sent on a hundred years penitent crusade beyond the southern rim of Imperial space.

It was during this time that the Chapter's numbers, with no means to recruit, began to dwindle. In such a distant region of space with their great battle barges failing due to the ravages of constant battle against the abnormally large and ferocious Ork hordes that occupied the region of space it seemed as though the chapter's days were numbered.

It had only been by chance that they had stumbled across a small flotilla of long since lost Imperial transport vessels that had been destined for the front lines during the days of the Heresy to support the loyalist forces. Though the crews were long since dead the equipment on board was still intact and allowed them to replenish their dwindling stocks of ammunition. This was taken to have been a great portent amongst the surviving members of the Summoners, a sign that Thor had been testing them and that the Emperor himself had divined a means that would set them back on the path of light.

With their faith restored and their weapons restocked they fought on with almost fanatical vigour bringing four worlds into compliance in the remaining sixty years of their crusade and returning to the Imperium with great technological wealth as a tithe to appease the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Today the chapter operates in a non-codex manner. Each company, or Enclave as they are known to the brothers of the chapter, is lead by a Captain or Pontifex who has been interred in suit of holy dreadnought armour, the highest ranking of these known as the Pontifex Maximus who serves as the chapter master.

The ritual of the placing a mortally wounded marine in a dreadnought is known as the ritual of rex sacrorum and is considered the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a marine of the chapter allowing him to smite his enemies long after his mortal body has failed.

Each of the Pontifices is supported by a number of support staff that carry out administration duties and in battle a senior marine know as a Magistro will often command the Enclave in battle and act in his name in official matters and represent him in council meetings and diplomatic missions.

Right quick update.

This is the sergeant for the kill team and I'm just about to start the painting and will chuck him on a base at a later point. All the kill teams will have industrial bases so I'll be ordering some 40mm ones to match once I get some cash.

I've included a shot with his predecessor to give you an impression of the size of the model.

http://i54.tinypic.com/15549l2.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/rhvbkx.jpg

I was beginning to wonder why you hadn't updated your GK's in a while, now I know, and for a good reason to boot. I am reallt looking to see these guys painted.

On another note, it seems, hobby wise, that you can't put a foot wrong. I have most, if not all of your threads bookmarked (stalker-ish I know), and when I'm stumped, or lacking motivation, I'll re-read a random thread and without fail find inspiration for my current or a new project. You, sir, are my Hobby Hero !!!

(P.S.please, please, please more CSK(oD)!!!!)

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha

On another note, it seems, hobby wise, that you can't put a foot wrong. I have most, if not all of your threads bookmarked (stalker-ish I know), and when I'm stumped, or lacking motivation, I'll re-read a random thread and without fail fin inspireation for my current or a new project. You, sir, are my Hobby Hero !!!

funny, Im also a doghouse thread stalker ;)

Its a outing of some kind I guess :P

Doghouse, your alive ;) ! At long last, the mighty Summoners are reserected :P . Loving the fluff you got for them there & defo like the Kill Team you got on the go. Also had a good butcher's at the AB website, mate that project looks class!!!!! Still doubtful I will go GD this year but if I do, dang I will be sure to come check it out! Can't wait for the next update Doghouse!

Cheers guys! :)

Grotsmasha/batu: Having seen both of your truescale work in the past I'm taking the stalkers thing as a compliment! :D

Dorns padawan: Yeah it should look awesome when it's finished. The detailing on the board itself is seriously cool and then you have all the great kill teams on top of that. I'm a bit gutted I can't make it either.

Slight change of plan...

Back when me and El Diablo started talking about including a truescale marine squad for the event we did briefly discuss making them into Death Watch. At the time I wasn't sure about doing them but have finally caved to the idea.

The squad leader will still be a Summoner but I'm going to go full on Death Watch for the rest of the squad as it does seem a little more fitting to have the DW investigating a Necron ship rather than just regular marines.

As I don't have any spare terminator death watch pads I'm using some spare GK pads that normally go on the left shoulder rather than the ones with the book and sword icon.

WIP Sergeant

http://i54.tinypic.com/30jnwxx.jpg

As always, Doghouse we wait impatiently for updates and when we get them they are magnificent. I have also been a not so secret stalker of all your works for a very long time. I always drag out my terminator bits and start working on some true scale marines when you post yours. This squad already looks amazing and I think that making them Deathwatch will really add extra character to the individual models. I was also wondering what happened to your project where you were sculpting armor over your "naked" marine bodies? I always hoped that you would complete some marines that way and sell the armatures.

I knew you couldn't keep away, i always smile when you say "im quitting the hobby". :lol:

Looking superb as always, very much like the armour, it has a MK8 feel with the armour neckline just much more streamlined, very nice!

Edited by Pulse

Cheers guys! :lol:

Mikhail: I think I know the ones you mean. Unfortunately something like that isn't something that I could really sell but I am currently playing around with the original armatures to make my own minis at the moment. If they are good enough I may looking into selling them but they won't be anything forty kay related.

Pulse: :lol:

Yeah the gorget does give them a nice sort of gothic look. I'm a bit short on parts at the moment but did have some GK power armoured bodies laying around so decided to put them to good use with these guys. They are coming along at a blinding pace at the moment and I may well make a Pedro Cantor proxy and make another squad so that I can use them as Sternguard proxies.

The plan at the moment is now a Summoners sergeant as seen above, Imperial Fist with the heavy bolter, Salamander with a flamer and then a bunch of other chapters thrown into the mix. They will definitely be a space wolves guy, raven guard, scythes of the emperor and a couple of others. I'd quite like an Invader thrown in there as well as I did try and make an army of them a while back. A dark angel would be nice as well but I'm not one hundred percent certain that they use the DW but seem to remember something about them being in the new RPG game.

The true scale land raider is coming along nicely right now so I may get hold of some the new contemptor dreadnoughts if the army expands as they are the perfect size for truescale armies and it'd save me time having to scratch build my own.

As much as it pains me that your awesome Iron Hands are on hold, I love these orange marines!

And the 'biggerized' Death Watch are great.

They don't look like Power/Terminator armour hybrids like SO many other truescale conversions do.

Thanks for the reply Doghouse. I don't know what your reason for not selling those sweet sweet armatures is but I will respect it and stop asking for them, for now. I will pledge to buy any miniatures you produce for sale in the future though. I saw some of your work over at the Ammo Bunker and am amazed by the non 40K stuff you have made. It seems to me that everything you sculpt is pure gold, and that I should spend less time on the computer and more time practicing my own sculpting.