Summoners + Truescale Death Watch Marines

Doghouse

The skill and detail put into the sculpting is quite amazing, awesome job bro! One nit-pick though, and it may just be me...I would switch noggins for a different helmet. Maybe it's just because I don't care for that certain helm, the horns look goofy to me. Eh, small detail compared to the work you're doin' here. Keep it up!

The skill and detail put into the sculpting is quite amazing, awesome job bro! One nit-pick though, and it may just be me...I would switch noggins for a different helmet. Maybe it's just because I don't care for that certain helm, the horns look goofy to me. Eh, small detail compared to the work you're doin' here. Keep it up!

I agree on the skill and the helmet. Could I persuade you to use a Forge World MK5 helmet? It is the most brutal looking helm in the range in my opinion.

Cheers guys! :)

Yeah although I don't mind the helmet I understand where you are coming from. Main problem is that I've only got a few parts and can't get anymore for a while yet, ideally I'd love to use one of the FW beserker heads like the one that is split so you can see the guy's head inside.

http://i54.tinypic.com/31476z4.jpg

I actually like the helmet just as it is.

To me there's pride in displaying the horns openly and really screaming in your face that you are a servant of Chaos and not some smuck just turned Renegade who barely have had time to remove all the aquilas from his armor.

TDA

Ah, don't get me wrong, I love evil twisted horns on Chaos Marines. But this particular helm looks like an evil picnic basket. Like I said though, minor detail compared to this awesome mini.

This thread is coming along very nicelt indeed Doghouse! Really liking your Chaos guys, expecially the WE. Looks real badass! Are the arms regular or termie arms? My eye sight is not brill... Think they are just regualr ones yes? You just padded them out with GS? Looking really nice B) . What weapon you gonna give this badboy? Bolter or CC weapon?

1000heathens: Me too mate! ;) I do agree with you though mate, I'll play around and see what I can come up with. I did try the WFB chaos heads but it just didn't feel right, I might play around with them a little more and see what I can come up with though. A distinct one off helm would be good for a champion model.

Dorns padawan: Thanks mate. Yeah the arms are regular marine arms for a couple of reasons. Firstly it gives you much more variety in terms of poses, secondly you can use terminator arms but they are a little limited and you end up cutting off most of the detail anyway.

By bulking out the regular arms (which look a little too thin unmodified) you make life a little easier for yourself. It also makes the hands look a little more proportionate as the terminator ones are a little larger, with kits like the blood angels and GK strike squads the hand options also open up allowing you to do a lot more.

This guy is kind of limited in terms of weapons because of the pose so what I might do is give him a holstered pistol and a huge counts as power weapon chain axe. I was even considering an Ork axe at one point to fit the scavenging theme a little better. Either way I intend to get him finished today as I'm itching to slap some paint on him! :D

Right, bit of an update.

I've swapped out the head and gone for a bare head with a rebreather from the chaos vehicle upgrade sprue. On the back you can see where I've extended the length of the pack and added a bunch of chains and skulls. For the axe, as this is a bits box build, I've gone for one of the chaos terminator axes and used the hand from a bloodletter.

Just got to clean up him up a bit and finish the lower legs and he'll be ready for some paint in the next hour or so.

http://i52.tinypic.com/291ic6p.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/10oeae0.jpg

Oh man that model is seriously stunning, the head change makes it muchhhh better for me. Great detail on the armour, the chips and all the gizmos on the belt!! :drool: Edited by Pulse

Thanks mate! ;)

They should get better as they go as I'm starting to get the hang of them now. Definitely looking at a chaos army for these guys now once the DW are out of the way, far much more room for customisation and an army of what are effectively characters in their own right would be awesome fun to make.

Just sorting out the feet right now then the painting will begin.

I think multi legion plus a few actual renegade chapter marines would look pretty good - also shows off how far they have come if they have to fight alongside "thin blood" marines. Edited by Pulse

I think multi legion plus a few actual renegade chapter marines would look pretty good - also shows off how far they have come if they have to fight alongside "thin blood" marines.

Seconded. :D

Yeah multi-legion is the best way to go as it'll make it look like the warband leader has bested other champions and taken their warbands as his own.

I did do a possessed guy way back and have dug him out for this project. I'm going to rework him a little and paint him up in pre-heresy Thousand Sons colours, the idea being that he avoided the Rubric somehow and now relies on talismans and wards to stave of the Curse. Obviously this isn't going too well for him right now! :D

I like that flamer marine idea though, I might have to give that a try with him.

Great to hear that you fancy a bash at something like this Ferrus though mate, once you get into it it's not as hard as it seems. :P

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/Picture057.jpg

Here's the rather bland looking WE in his pre-heresy colours, now that I've blocked out all the colours I can begin painting him properly. Once I've done all the shading and highlighting I'll begin weathering the heck out of him. I'd imagine white is going to be hard to keep clean after centuries of plundering and looting! :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ih5kwj.jpg

Weee old school World Eater - my favourite colour scheme of the old Legions. :D

As for keeping white clean - easy, washing down and wiping with a damp cloth, how hard is that? :)

Armour machine spirit: NOOOO I RECOIL AT THE TOUCH OF WATER!!!

Edited by Pulse

Thanks guys! :D

Started to highlight and shade the torso on the WE and have begun messing around with the thousand sons guy. I'm just playing around at the moment to see what works but need to blend in the flamer on the right arm with some GS and do some serious clean up work on the feet.

http://i53.tinypic.com/i4fo2h.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/14760h.jpg