Bloody Blood Angels

Morgernstein

my friend has recently started collection blood angels he has a pretty standard 1000 pts force (according to him)

dante

5 sanguinary guard

dreadnaught in drop pod

10 tactical squad

10 assault squad

10 death company

baal pred

no matter what i try against it, balanced ,infantry heavy, tank heavy (which makes no sence with so many melta weapons) , ranged, close combat. i just cant seem to be able to do much damage with my normal force

any suggestion will be appreciated

I'd ask him to check his points costs.

10 tacs no upgrades is 170.

10 Assault marines, no upgrades is 190.

10 DC, no upgrades is 200

5 Sanguinary Guard, no upgrades is 200

Dante is 225

At this point, you have just under 1000 (985 to be exact and that is assuming no upgrades)

Baal Pred, no upgrades is 115

Minimum cost Dread in a drop pod is going to run 150.

i second that, make sure he checks his list, or isn't cheating or whatever.

Now, how to take out that list? Not accustomed to 1000 pointers, but you can use tacticals with melta to kill his read, DON'T assualt the death company, they will rip through your guys at that points limit. btw, what army are you using? I could give more advice if it was something specific.

And the assualt squads can't take a dedicated assault unit in close combat, so for C:SM you can use mabye a 5x unit of Vanguard vets, which funilly enough, can beat his 10x squad if it gets the assualt and will be cheap at that points cost.

One of my friends runs a BA list similar to that. A few less Death Company, Lemartes, Saguinor instead of Dante, and a Sanguinary Priest w/ jump pack for Assault squad, a normal Priest for Tactical squad, and a Storm Raven, all without the Dreadnought and Drop Pod. Of course, he also has trouble making correctly pointed lists...

Despite the differences, they're both hard lists to play against. There are three very hard combat units, one of which is scoring. Jump packs make them fast, or with Descent of Angels they can come down pretty much where they want, same with the Dreadnought. The Baal can Scout and Outflank, making it unpredictable. Simply put, the best advise I can give you is don't assault, shoot him, and stay in your transports, make him get you out. He's only got two vehicles worthy of note so focus all your anti-tank on them to neutralize them, then turn them round for his combat units and Dante. That and a lot of luck.

ive made a list, without any dedicated combat, but plenty of plasma weapons and some anti tank

SM Anti Blood Angels (Waiting for B&C approval/improvement)

HQ

Cato sicarus 200pts (good all round hq, good in combat, not that I need it that much. And very nice for his troops, all Ld 10, tactical squad gets something, and seize the initiative which could be a life saver.)

Troops

Tactical squad, 5 ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon, 195(who doesn’t love plasma weapons… space marines that who)

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 5ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon 195 (you cant have too much of a good thing )

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 5 ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon, 195

Rhino 35pts

Elites

Sternguard veteran squad, 5 additional veterans, 3 combi plasma 2 plasma cannons 255pts (because overkill is a good thing)

Rhino 35pts

Heavy support

Devastator squad 1 ASM, 4 lascannon, 246 (imma firin mah lazor!!!)

Razorback, lascannon and T-linked plasma guns 75pts (some more lasers)

have no idea if this is any good for killing silly amounts of charging combat monsters, who also have very cheap tanks with flamestorm cannons, that can infiltrate

and modifications will be apreciated

Ok. I looooove plasma, but that might be too much. Or not. Hmmmm.

Other than that, drop the Devastators, or at least give them a different set of guns. Lascannon Devs are overpriced, and four of them shooting at an army that only has three models with an AV is waaaay overkill. Missile launchers will fit better here. And being S8, ML will still remove FNP since they're double Toughness of the target. I've been told that tri-las Predators are similarly overpriced, but I've never used one so if you want it, I'm not going to talk bad about it. Other options would be a Razorback with lascannons or swapping some of that Tac Squad plasma burninating goodness for some meltaguns; a multimelta and a plasma gun make for a fair combination since they share a range bracket.

(imma firin mah lazor!!!)

lol, i've seen that to.

back on topic, is this 1k points, or 1500? either way, that will likely kill of his list with all of that plasma. also, you can replace Cato with a Captain with Relic Blade, Storm Shield, Artificier Armour and Storm bolter (SB optional) which comes in cheaper than Cato, but you can kill pretty much everyhing by having a 2+3++ and strikes S6 at I5. this guy is a beast, who you don't want to assualt, even BA with furious charge are scared of this bad boy. i would replace Cato wth this guy.

btw, for the tacticals, whats 5 ASM stand for?

SM Anti Blood Angels MKII (Waiting for B&C approval/improvement)

HQ

Captain, relic blade, storm-shield, artificer armour, storm bolter 163pts

Troops

Tactical squad, 5 ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon, 195pts(who doesn’t love plasma weapons… space marines that who)

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 5ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon 195 (you cant have too much of a good thing)

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 5 ASM, plasma gun, multi melta, combi melta (for those of you who said I needed some melta weapons) 200pts (YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING OTHER THAN PLASMA CANNONS!!! SINCE WHEN!!! Since 35212912010.M3 (just wondering is it sad being able to write the imperial date down to the minute)

Rhino 35pts

Elites

Sternguard veteran squad, 5 additional veterans, 3 combi plasma, 2 plasma cannons 255pts (because overkill is a good thing)

Rhino 35pts

Heavy support

Devastator squad 1 ASM, 4 missile launcher, 166pts (say hello to my little friend(s))

Razorback, lascannon and T-linked plasma guns 75pts

1391 pts

I have 106 pts to play around with not entirely sure what to get apart from upgrading my rhinos, which I don’t really want to do they are just tin boxes to protect against bolter fire and flamers, they are really supposed to blow up to keep melta weaponry off my marines

So I imagine this is for 1500pts? Personally, I'd drop the Devs, and replace them with Land Speeder Typhoons. For 30pts more than the Devs you have, you can move and fire with your missile launchers. I'd then drop a few guys from your third Tactical squad and give them the las plas Razorback. If you're not using a Libby but rather a Captain, consider a Command squad with four plasma guns in a Razorback. Actually, keep the Tactical squad as you wanted it early, drop the Sternguard and run a quad plasma gun Command squad in a las/plas Razorback. if you get the movement right, you could have 10 rapid firing plasma guns, one of which is twin-linked.

If you've got some points left over, fast melta for the Dread and Baal would be good, so a couple of Attacc bikes with meltas or MM/HF Speeders would be a good buy.

HQ

Captain, relic blade, storm-shield, artificer armour, storm bolter 168pts

Command squad, 4 plasma guns, 1 melta bombs (because I had 6 pts spare) 180pts

Razorback, lascannon – T-linked plasma guns 75pts

Troops

Tactical squad, 5 ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon, 195pts

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 5ASM, plasma gun, plasma cannon, 195pts

Rhino 35pts

Tactical squad, 1ASM 106pts

Razor back, lascannon, Twin linked plasma guns 75pts

Fast attack

3 Land speeders, 3 typhoon missile launchers and 2multi melta 290pts

3 attack bikes, 3-multi melta’s 150pts

1499pts

once again improvment and suggestions very much appreciated

That's looking a lot better (to me anyways). Unfortunately you cannot take a storm bolter, relic blade and storm shield on a Captain. You're also overpointed by 4pts. So I'd drop the storm bolter, meltabombs, extra Marine in the Razorback squad, and meltas on the Land Speeder. Meltabombs are indeed a last minute add on, you shouldn't need the extra Marine in the Razorback squad, IMHO opinion multi-meltas on Typhoons isn't great because of range bands (but feel free to disregard this).

With those extra 40pts, I'd add digi weapons onto the Captain, make every hit count, and then three combi weapons (combi-plasmas if you want, allowing you to fire four shots from a moving Rhino) onto your Tactical squad Sergeants. If you like meltas on your Typhoons however, then digi weapons on the Captain and a third melta in the Typhoon squad should suffice. Hopefully, this should then be able to reliably take out all those FnP Marines, and the couple of tanks your friend fields.

Archived