What ship would my force be traveling in?

Jiron

Hi,

I am creating army of Red Corsairs. As you know we are pirates specialized for bording missions, taking the ships and other loot. For I believe on the battlefield, my lord is a captain of a force assigned to him by lord Huron, what would be the ship able to carry about a company and also has some combat capabilities? Isn't strike cruiser too much? Isn't frigatte too small?

I'd say the SM strike cruiser would be good. That vessel is capable of deploying marines and bombarding planets single handedly. It could be a captured ship (like the Wolf of Fenris from the CSM dex) or just the ship your force took with them when they went renegade.

Hi,

I am creating army of Red Corsairs. As you know we are pirates specialized for bording missions, taking the ships and other loot. For I believe on the battlefield, my lord is a captain of a force assigned to him by lord Huron, what would be the ship able to carry about a company and also has some combat capabilities? Isn't strike cruiser too much? Isn't frigatte too small?

A Strike cruiser is a 'fast' vessel for its size and is designed to carry a company. Being a pirate Chaos or Imperial Navy vessel might also be suitable... as well as ships from other groups such as the mechanicus or rogue traders although one would imagine ships designed for war would be harder to obtain from these groups.

For my own right I use a full battle barge for each of my companies, but then... they also have a moon travelling around with them too, and speed is in no way a factor to them, strike cruiser is much faster and more along the lines of a ship capable of raiding.

Archived