Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists

SunThirster

Hi all,

This is my first time posting any of my miniatures, its about time i gave something back to the B&C community! Heres my attempt at Captain Cortez, I got the idea to do him when I thought I needed someone to represent Vulkan He'stan in my Crimson Fists army... that's why hes armed with an over the top combi flamer looking type weapon.

gallery_58408_5569_7220.jpg

I hope i've done the great man justice, any constructive criticism is most welcome!

Cheers

I really like a lot of the work you did here. He's got some great pieces to him. The only thing that really bugs me is the terminator butt plate in the front. It immediately makes me think his legs are backwards. :/ Small bother, though.

I'm pretty sure those are groin plates, if this picture is anything to go by:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...ain_873x627.jpg

Oh... It turns out they are not groin plates. I've been doing it wrong!

I really like a lot of the work you did here. He's got some great pieces to him. The only thing that really bugs me is the terminator butt plate in the front. It immediately makes me think his legs are backwards. :/ Small bother, though.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

The butt pate you've mentioned here is a groin plate from the assault terminator box set, ive just filed off the icon.. I was going to use the bigger sergeants one but it was a bit much.

Cheers

As others have said, a very clever kit bash you've managed there. I can honestly say I never imagined I'd be impressed by a space marine with a bandanna :rolleyes:

The bulky no-way-in-hell-you-can-hurt-this-guy look fits the Captain quite well. "Don't shoot him, you'll just make him mad."

I like the work that you put into the mini and it shows. I have the original cortez and it seemed to me to be very uninspiring. Tho' I do remember the facial detail was very well done on that mini. Your cortez is well done sir, cudos.

Respects, Emperorsaxe

Archived