Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists

SunThirster

Photos with different angels would be awsome. This model is a lot of fun and I wan to build one now. My only thought is that the hand is in a weird position but that could be due to camera angel. so Its awsome and I want one.

Hi all,

This is my first time posting any of my miniatures, its about time i gave something back to the B&C community! Heres my attempt at Captain Cortez, I got the idea to do him when I thought I needed someone to represent Vulkan He'stan in my Crimson Fists army... that's why hes armed with an over the top combi flamer looking type weapon.

gallery_58408_5569_7220.jpg

I hope i've done the great man justice, any constructive criticism is most welcome!

Cheers

Great Job, I like the job that you did with the mini and the texture that you were able to achieve with your painting technique.

• 1 year later...

Duuude...that is one kick-ass capt you got there...

Where'd you get that combi-flamer?! I want one. Badly.

Other than that, three criticisms-

1. ...Yeah. That's a pretty wild angle on his arm there. :P

2. The bandanna is amazing, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel like it...um..."fits" with the rest of the mini. I dunno, just my 2 cents...

3. I feel like the banner's trim could do without the white stripes, they make it a little too 'busy' for me (not to mention reminds me of a Christmas Marine :P)

Also, are those termie legs mounted on a 25mm base? And if they are, do they need any converting (i.e. any cutting/repositioning, etc) to get them like that?

All-in-all, Awesome with a capital A. 8.5/9, even with weirdo wrist and bandanna/banner. Great job :P

Archived