Malevolent's return

subtlebrush

Hello fellow Brothers,

I've been a long time lurker here on the B&C (as well as DakkaDakka and Warseer) adding a comment here and there and have finally decided to bring my work to the internet. Now as fate would have it I have been away from the hobby for some time (the last time I actually played a game was back in 4th edition :P ) and for my recent birthday I was given a gift card to a local hobby store. Low and behold they had the newest editions boxed set and I of course grabbed it, which has flung me right back into my modeling juju as it were.

Now upon opening said boxed set I went about half assembling the models, pacing myself so as not to become overwhelmed. One thing I used to do with my old ways was to hurriedly slap models together (neglecting mold lines and gun barrels :P ) and slap on the paint thick which in turn made all my work look just horrible. Time and finding ones soul mate have showed me the error of those old ways and I now see my outlook on my future project as something of a rebirth. So, no more hurriedly assembling everything and priming them in all the wrong weather conditions (yes I used to go out in the lovely New York winter weather and prime my models in temperatures of 20-40 degrees.....), this is going to be a new year and a new outlook on my hobby and I will take my time hopefully advancing my skills both in the modeling aspect as well as actual gaming.

For my first jump back into the 40k universe I am going to begin a Crimson Fists Company. I've been reading Rynn's World (if you cant tell from the pics below) and I have settled on the beaten and down trodden Crimson Fists because I have always favored the guys with all the odds against them versus the ones with the odds. As far as what company they are to be I have settled on 5th. My only reason being, 5th just stood out to me. I've only done one conversion so far involving a Terminator and a Heavy Flamer but I definitely plan on doing more over time, I especially do not like my Sergeants carrying just chainswords. You may notice some barrels are somewhat crooked and some mold lines here and there and even some gaps but this will straighten out over time as I haven't done anything in forever. Before I present the pics I would like to inform you all that this is not my only project so far, I just recently dug out my old Chaos Marines I've been tinkering with on and off for the past couple years so expect some cannibalistic quartered heretics on this blog very very soon (rubs hands together with a sneer :D ) So enough of my ranting and raving.....

"ONWARDS SONS OF DORN!"

Captain Torez

gallery_57364_5572_2526616.jpg

Terminator Squad

gallery_57364_5572_2068864.jpg

Dreadnaught Harlo (front)

gallery_57364_5572_259666.jpg

Dreadnaught Harlo (rear)

gallery_57364_5572_4120203.jpg

Tactical Squad Alpha

gallery_57364_5572_3569101.jpg

Archived