Vehicle questions

Eenami5

Three questions about vehicle issues:

1. When a Drop Pod is on the table, with open doors, do enemy models have to stay 1" away from the main hull of the pod, or 1" away from all doors.

1a. If the drop pod has the doors glued shut, what then?

2. If a vehicle is destroyed - wrecked (5 on the damage chart), the book states you flip it over or put cotton on it to represent it being destroyed, it becomes difficult and dangerous terrain, and it counts as cover. Now, what I don't get is, since the tank is still there is it blocking, or can it be shot through? Can infantry climb/move over it just like it was any other kind of difficult terrain? Can a vehicle drive through it?

3. The Black Templars codex lists Land Raider and Land Raider Crusader as having a front assault ramp, but the book doesn't define what that is. It also mentions that the frag launchers allow troops assaulting from the tank the same turn as they disembark to count as having frag grenades. I see in other codexes that Land Raiders are assault vehicles. I understand the BT book is full of misprints (including not defining anything as infantry, therefore technically making most of the units invalid), and while the FAQ cleared up some issues, it did not address the Land Raiders. Are Black Templars Land Raiders still considered to be assault vehicles, or does poor codex wording screw me?

Thanks!

1. The doors don't count whether open or glued shut.

2. A wreck still blocks line of sight. It can be moved over or through by infantry or vehicles but is difficult and dangerous terrain.

3. Technically, Black Templar Land Raiders are not assault vehicles due to a change in editions. But I would be amazed to ever see anyone play it that way. Clearly they should be assault vehicles.

Archived