{ARTWORK} A God among men

Mr. Nipples

I agree with Retributis the fire effect on the sword is excellent.

What i really like though is the light around his head, not entirely sure if the light is a "natural" light that emits from the Emperor or he is "uplit" from the internals of the suit of armour, hopefully its a natural light. Also the eyes are pretty damned sweet just now, always like seeing psykers with glowing eyes. :tu:

Very, very nice. The sword and face is really top-notch.

Something about the leg on our left bothers me, seems like the perspective is a bit off and the kneepad looks a bit flat. And this is mostly a matter of opinion, but I would raise the belt a bit further up and compact the chest armour a bit.

Keep up the good painting!

Thanks guys! The fire effect is pretty simple painting technique, filters and then an overlay of some fire. I'm recording this whole painting and the process and will be posting a video tutorial when I finish, so be sure to check that out.... The glow ontop of his head I added was simply to show his aura, they'res no reason for it apart from it being the emperor.

As far as the legion behind him...I'd like to start a poll of some kind and have you guys vote on what would be coolest. Hows that sound? anyone know how to make a poll?

@Mr. Nipples: I really like how this is coming along and can't wait to see more. For the Legion he's walking by I'd say either Emperor's Children or Luna Wolves. Maybe Emperor's Children for the irony & contrast. As much as I'd love it to be the Imperial Fists, their yellow armor would draw attention away from the Emperor.

That is probably an artist's rendition of the Emperor. If he was truly that gigantic, how would he have been able to live amongst humans for tens of thousands of years without being some sort of freakshow?

Well in his defense, the Emperor was a very powerful psyker and could probably have easily used his Jedi mind tricks to blend in throughout the years.

Sir, this is my favorite piece of yours so far! Absolutely amazing!

Emperors Children - the purple would be fantastic as a contrast to the Emperors golden armour.

or

Luna Wolves - The legion of his favoured son - have the armour the perfect Pearl colour their armour is described as - perfect. :P

I feel that the Golden-Yellow armour of the Emperor would contrast well with the purple livery of the Emperor's Children. Added to the irony of having that legion in a piece like this and I think it would make a great piece. I'd also like to complement you on your superb work! Keep it up!

Very nice job !

First sketch is my favourite.

Thx for the little discussion about the Emp's size. There is an overall tendency to make such big primarchs and things while they're big for sure but not as oversized as many think (I'm not talking about the cyclop mutie of course, this one is truely out of proportions).

Keep good work coming !

DS

Hey guys

Doghouse-I haven't emailed them over my work yet, I have to make a few tweaks to the ultramarines piece...mainly adding the chest eagle. I'll be finishing this as well and shipping it to em.

Heres my update for tonight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/EmperorofMankind-4.jpg

Archived