DA update - could be next year

GAZ_AV_NZ

It's not that it's ugly, it that it looks like it would be completely impossible for it to fly. And like a Happy Meal toy.

Personally, I'd love a PDF Codex. PDF Codices are awesome. They're free, and then you get updated in the normal swing of things anyway, get all the cool stuff you got in the PDF plus a bunch of other stuff and still get to act all ungrateful about having the PDF in the first place.

It would be good times for the DA, boys. Good times.

To me, it looks like it only flies by burning vast quantities of some kind of highly radioactive and expensive exotic matter, messing up the entire planet's ecosystem and costing a small fortune every time it takes off.

Which would be horrid, in the real world, but in the grimdark future is PURE AWESOME.

Speaking of PDF codex, someone mentioned that they played Blood Angels becuase of the free codex. Soooooooooooooooooooo, since all the SM got an updated FAQ, to sell more minis, do you think GW will change on there stance about not giving out anything for free, and will do a DA PDF short term codex like BA knowing that so many people will want to try it and would be able to sell more minis that way?

Actually that should be the way it works, but for some reason, GW will think they can make more money selling codicies. Well I think a free PDF DA codex, could be the shot in the arm it needs to sell minis that everyone already has.

Actually that should be the way it works, but for some reason, GW will think they can make more money selling codicies. Well I think a free PDF DA codex, could be the shot in the arm it needs to sell minis that everyone already has.

There's some truth here given the number of people who seem hell bent on buying Typhoons or Assault Terminators on the back of our 'free' upgrade :).

Though in truth wouldn't be my preferred route :huh:.

Cheers

I

Speaking of PDF codex, someone mentioned that they played Blood Angels becuase of the free codex. Soooooooooooooooooooo, since all the SM got an updated FAQ, to sell more minis, do you think GW will change on there stance about not giving out anything for free, and will do a DA PDF short term codex like BA knowing that so many people will want to try it and would be able to sell more minis that way?

I have heard somewhere on the B&C that GW said they make marginal, if any, profit on the codexes. I think a PDF DA codex is very viable, especially now that there are two "new" kits and a FAQ upgrade.

They wouldn't bother updating the FAQ if we were getting a codex anytime soon, evidenced by the fact that Daemonhunters didn't get an FAQ update and Grey Knights are the next codex.

A huge surge in sales of Typhoons and thunder hammer terminators may convince them though :lol:

Archived