School League army

So on the 15th of January, myself and three others from my school club will be attending the Games Workshop school league. The other three are taking Tau, Eldar and Imperial Guard. I will be taking to the field with the Space Wolves. The army restrictions are, 600 pts, must have one HQ and two troops, may have one Elite, and may take either one Fast attack or one Heavy Support My army list is below.

School league Space Wolves

HQ - Wolf Priest

Troops - 10 x Grey Hunters

- two flamers

- wolf standard

- Power fist

6 x Grey Hunters

- Melta gun

- Mark of the Wulfen

6 x Grey Hunters

- Melta gun

- Mark of the Wulfen

Heavy Support - 5 x Long Fangs

- 4 x Missile Launchers

So far I've got the large Grey Hunter pack almost done, I just need to paint the helmet lenses, pelts and touch up some bits. The regular bolter hunters from the small squads are almost done, they just need pelts done and Gold highlighted. The Wolf Priest and Long Fangs need started but I won't do the priest till the infantry is done so I can spend all of next week on him. Also I got five of the old Wulfen modles from a friend. Two of they are currently being stripped for use in this army.

I will post pictures after this afternoons painting session. Both so I can show more than I have currently and also so my Camara can charge.

P.S. Please no list suggestions. I don't have the time/money to change anything just now. And anyway, this list has preformed well in all my practise games.

There already half doneso it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway here is a pile of images. Frankly, I'm fed with fighting with the photo uploader so heres a link to the gallery.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=59190

Right, I need breakfast.

16 my good man.

The red is beyond simple. Its just Mechrite red washed Badab black and highlighted with a mix of Mechrite red and blood red. I sometimes highlight it again with pure blood red but because of time constraints I haven't. Its still come out with a nice solid red so I'm happy.

It's a relatively simple and very solid scheme. Nice use of clean brushwork and washes. I like it! I wish you and your team luck in the championships! I always wished that there was a school league existing in Canada, but this country is just too damn big with too few people. It looks like a solid list to me. I don't imagine you'll have any trouble with the armour you might see at that points level! :P

Quick update. The large Grey hunter pack is almost done. They just need touch ups, pack and great company markings and basing. The basecoats and washes are done on the long fang pack and the power fist grey hunter and the second melta gunner. And the Wulfen are almost stripped. Pics tomorrow.

Archived