A Templar Crusade

Wiggles 2.0

Well, it certainly has been a while since I was here, but I am feeling the call of 40k again (after taking a long hiatus of varying miniature games), and am going to be working on my Templar Crusade, and be posting the progress here. Right now I have quite a bit to get painted (at least 7000 points, if not more), and am in need of a quick, effective way to get them painted. I am thinking for now of going with leaving the shoulder pads separate, and doing this:

1. prime bodies black
  2. spray with chardon granite
  3. do battle damage by dabbing on boltgun metal with sponge
  4. paint details base coat
  5. spray wash devlan mud and badab black
  6. highligh details
  7. shoulderpads spray white
  8. spray wash APJ soft balck wash
  9. spray highlight white
  10. paint details on shoulder pads

This is a bit of an adaptation on the LA battle bunker managers awesome imperial fists color scheme (just swaping the yellow and its shading for black), but I will need to do a test model to see just how well it will adapt to this. I will post pics as soon as I get a test model done (though I cannot say how good said pic will be, as I am still getting used to my new camera).

Any ideas on other ways to do a quick and effective scheme for templars will be much appreciated, and any pics to show the final product is also good. I am a pretty good painter, and I have the resource of an air brush on hand, so I can do most methods.

On a side note, I am probably going to post pics of some night lords and space wolves that I am going to finish painting and probably sell on ebay to help fund this crusade, amongst other things. Also, any thoughts on how to equip 13 wolf guard terminators would be appreciated, taking into consideration that I am most likely going to sell them.

Pics should hopefully be up soon.

Archived